Default Storing your Boat

Do any of you store your boat in a wet slip? We are thinking of renting a slip just for July - October but it seems most places only have covered slips without a boat lift. I don't know if I like the idea of having my boat in the water for 4 months. Any opinions or recommendations?

Thanks.
    LeeRoy Ayala
    Frisco, Texas

2011 Moomba LSV

Ian did this with his Outback and never reported an issue beyond having to scrub off a scum line every so often.

I think it all depends on the body of water. You could ask marinas and other boaters to see if they had any problems with gel coats bubbling on boats that were sitting in the water for extended periods of time. Although a lift would obviously be your best option, it doesn't sound like a viable one. How far away do you live from the marinas you are looking to rent a slip at? If you were close you could always pull it out every 5-7 days or so and scrub it down even though it would be a huge pain. We did that for the first four weeks before we got our lift. Like I said, it was a bit of a pain, but it gave us some peace of mind.
    2012 Moomba Outback V

“Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyways.”

Default Storing your Boat

Agreed with pennsforest, I have read many times that you shouldn't leave your boat in the water for more than 2-3 wks at a time, as bubbling in your gel coat can occur. No first hand experience but I have seen it posted a lot.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Lots and lots of people moore on lakes for the summer.
    2008 Mobius XLV | 325HP | Acme 1235| lots of ballast!

Quote Originally Posted by xBabyJesus View Post
    Lots and lots of people moore on lakes for the summer.

Lots and lots....Now if you're leaving the thing in the water 365 days straight I'd be a little concerned...
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead