Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moomba Boat Possibilities

I am a little new to the wakeboarding but have gotten a feel for it the past year. We are currently looking at 2 boats and I wanted to see which one will have the better wake or are they both going to be about the same. The 2 boats are a 2006 Mobius LS inboard with a ballast tank underneath the back seat and the other is a 2006 Moomba Outback V-drive with ballast in the ski locker and behind the back seat. I know there is more space in the V-drive but if my understand is correct the size of the boat is the same. I just wasn't sure if I would need to go to a bigger boat to tell a difference in the wake or not. Any help would be much appreciated.

those are two different hulls,LS is 21', outback V is 20' not a apples to apples comparison. but personally, id go for the v drive or hold out and get the v drive 21 foot LSV
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

hold out for the lsv...

you won't be sorry.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

we had a 2008 OBV which was the same hull as the 2006. You'll get a decent wakeboard wake out of that boat and, in my opinion, better than the LS. If it fits your budget, then go for it! If you have a little bit of patience and coin, the 2006+ LSV is a larger boat and will produce an improved wakeboard and wakesurf wave.

Tell us where you're at, budget, etc. and the guys on here will be on the lookout for you. Be prepared to travel for the right boat this time of year. We recently had a member from TX purchase a boat from IL that he found in the Classifieds here.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    hold out for the lsv...

you won't be sorry.
    This 👆, if it fits in your budget...

I went from an 04 direct drive to an 08 LSV! I love the upgraded wake and it feels like twice the amount of room!
    Walking around the engine compartment gets old after awhile too...
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Thanks for all the information. It sounds like from all the info I should get a LSV. I would prefer to spend under $30k if possible because we only use it some during the summer and I can't justify having a better boat than our cars combined. I am in South Carolina so if you see anything please let me know. Thanks again

They are out there! This is an 08, maybe you can find an 06 even cheaper
    http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=37343

Check craigslist all around you daily! They will sell fast after posted online with the amount of search bots available these days
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Quote Originally Posted by dillengeraj View Post
    I can't justify having a better boat than our cars combined.
    there's nothing wrong with that
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by tgoody14 View Post
    They are out there! This is an 08, maybe you can find an 06 even cheaper
    http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=37343

Check craigslist all around you daily! They will sell fast after posted online with the amount of search bots available these days
    That would be a great deal except for the salt water factor. If you look at everything they have replaced already it seems there is some exposure damage. I would not trust the trailer either if it is a standard boatmate steel trailer.

On the other hand I have met that dealer and some of their family. Great people so you could probably call them and get the truth about the boat. It might be a consignment or a trade on a new Tige. Also, I looked again and it does say it has a galvanized trailer which helps a bit.
    Last edited by kaneboats; 06-20-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

my ob originally came from FL ( didnt know ha), had to replace a few things but nothing big so far
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)