Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks tgoody and imvotto - earmarkweb.jpg
    rileyk
    2013 Mobius LSV
    Exile XM 9 tower speakers

No problem guys. Anytime we need some Exile stuff to sell we just go down to the local swop meet and pick a few up.

Just kidding. A few of you earned that.

hah hah hah

Default Re: Started buying Audio for the new boat Today

1,2,3...this thread would take wrong turn..just kidding...

You would be happy with XM9, no matter who's the seller...
    Samsung S4...

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    and so it begins...
    Maybe I should clarify that. What im saying is once you start on audio upgrades its hard to stop.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

how about some pics of the ride with the speakers installed
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I will have the audio installed next week (hopefully the speakers and all will arrive) and I will take some pics! I need to figure out where to put the Sub - any ideas??
    rileyk
    2013 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by rileyk View Post
    I will have the audio installed next week (hopefully the speakers and all will arrive) and I will take some pics! I need to figure out where to put the Sub - any ideas??
    Sure. If you have a mid decade '04 to '07 Moomba LSV for example, then the height underdash is more limited than a Supra for instance. If I recall your boat correctly, you can fit a sub enclosure over the top of the driver's hump but it is tight. A tight fit, a tight insertion and you have to watch that a side-firing woofer/surround isn't making contact under excursion with various cables. Like I said, it is tight. Your particular woofer requires a .675 gross internal enclosure (.625 net after driver displacement). That's very compact. You can get about 10% smaller by loosely filling the enclosure with polyester fiberfill. You can get a 1/4" smaller in each dimension by using .625" stock versus .75".
    As an alternative you can build a wedge shaped enclosure that rests and mounts on the angled hump face surface. In any case, you want the sub/enclosure under the driver's dash.
    When your installer takes a look at things, and if he needs some assistance before building the enclosure, get with Odin who has some applicable enclosure illustrations.

David

David - Thanks for the help - I looked for pics on your website of this kind of install but I could not find one. Any one have a pic of a 2013 LSV sub mount??
    rileyk
    2013 Mobius LSV