Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Big difference for us as well. Much quieter. I heard the water my wife was moving around when she was surfing. Couldn't figure out what that sound was for a while, lol.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Salyers View Post
    When its stayed on I can easily hear the driver talking to me in a slightly louder than normal coversation and vise versa. It is a big difference when its off. Stereo sounds better also! Also I notice the exhaust smell more when the FAE is not attached. Once I get it to stay on it'll be worth the trouble.
    As some other have said,

When i had the FAE on the LSV i had it come off a couple times as well.
    I ended up taking screws and screwed through the ruber tube for the FAE into the Plastic exhaust port flange. Then i added the hose clamps to basically make sure the screws wouldnt come out.

After that i had no issues.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Here's the updated instructions FAE sent me detailing this:

2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Default Loud exhaust on LSV

Saved. Thanks Ron. I won't actually get mine until we head up for the season opener, but if need be I may be snooping around yours to get a visual reference.
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

So you guys didn't put the metal rings into the exhaust port? If so how did you do the screws? Did you drill through the ring also?
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

It looks like if you want it to stay on you have to kind of "permanently" install it. So you are not going to be taking your platform off to store the boat in the garage.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have the quick release option, so even if I mount it "permanently" the platform can still be removed and the FAE left attached to the boat.

parrothd: My platform does rock a small amount so I'll try your suggestion also.
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)

What does that do to your clearance? My wakeplate is about 1/2" from the wall when it's in the garage with the tongue folded and platform removed.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Our house which brakes ground sometime in the next 2 weeks will have a 3rd car port that is 27ft deep and the place I'll be storing in this winter till house is done is deeper than that.

You could also take the clamps off that tighten the double boots/neoprene sleeves to the actuall FAE and just leave the large boot/sleeve on the boat while u store it for the winter.
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Salyers View Post
    Our house which brakes ground sometime in the next 2 weeks will have a 3rd car port that is 27ft deep and the place I'll be storing in this winter till house is done is deeper than that.

You could also take the clamps off that tighten the double boots/neoprene sleeves to the actual FAE and just leave the large boot/sleeve on the boat while u store it for the winter.
    I was about to say that, the FAE has a 4inch long boot that attached to the boat, then you have another rubber sleeve that attaches to the Metal tube on the FAE and the sleeve attached to the boat exhaust. All you would do is loosen those hose clamps and pull the FAE right off, leaving the 2 sleeves attached to the boat.

This in tern would allow you to park the boat in the garage with a tight clearance as it would not extend over past your wake plate. With the quick release system installed it would only require loosening the hose clamps in addition to the pins to remove the FAE.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]