Thread: ANYBODY...?????

Default ANYBODY...?????

Looking to buy a 00' Outback LS 170 hrs. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Planning to have an inspection preformed.

Run the other way or BUY...BUY...BUY

Matt

Default Replying to Topic 'A

I have a 99 Mobius which is basically the same boat - I think. Our tower was applied aftermarket by dealer. My only complaint so far has been the hull flex that causes the walkthrough window to spread and effects the functioning of the window. The concern over the effects of that over the life of the boat are obvious.

I think we have about 190 hours on ours. No significant problems with engine or trans. Just this last season I had the impeller and shaft packing redone for the first time. I definnitely waited too long on the impeller but got lucky. Mid-season this year I needed to crank the shaft jam nut once this season as it was seating. Bilge pump and blower chose to quit working this spring. Cheap repairs if you know what you are doing ...

I would say the '00 Outback is probably worthwhile. You know you can go to www.nada.com and check values for boats just like you can for cars...

Good luck
    Dave
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Default Replying to Topic 'ANYBODY...?????'

Thanks,

Good info and I'm planning to get on the impeller.