Default Bimini Extension?

Anyone here build or have built a bimini top extension? I know some talk about making it higher. We're tall folk, but my family LOVES their shade and higher hinders coverage so shade wins. I want to move the factory top a few inches forward to improve the coverage for driver and spotter and add an extension off the back to cover the entire cockpit (to the rear seat back). I'm thinking something like the Yamaha boats have.

I'm going to take it to an upholsterer in a couple weeks and was hoping to see some pictures if anyone has done it already.

If not, I guess I'll just go first and post pictures when I'm done.
    - John

2002 Outback LSV

"A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have."

Default Bimini Extension?

Many coaches use custom built shades to extend/ lower the coverage of the Bimini on the drivers side while keeping the height in the cockpit area of the boat. There should be pics of Glen Fletcher's boat at otownwatersports.com or Cobe Micacich's boat at freedomwakepark.com. I've been on Cobe's boat and can vouch for the affectiveness of the shade. IMO what you lose in view you gain so much more in comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

I wonder if you could velcro some panels on the edges for later in the day when the sun is past the bimini.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I've been looking into various shops in my area and getting ballpark pricing of close to $700 to build an extension that zips to the original and has a single bow in it and storage boot.

For the money should I be looking at alternatives? I've been reading good reviews of the Monster Tower Cargo Bimini on this and other forums. I like the idea of a top that can pull double duty to carry some water skis, but it doesn't look like it has the coverage I want. Any opinions on that as an option?
    - John

2002 Outback LSV

"A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have."

Yikes - seems a bit high (to me) to just add on to what you've already got. I had a complete custom bimini made for $300... Not a huge one mind you but complete with a storage boot, hardware, etc. It was a "cash, good buddy" type of deal but still.

Had quotes elsewhere of $540 though.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I thought so too when I got the first couple prices. Your price is what I expected to get for the extension and boot.

Anyone have a guy in San Diego or Riverside County that I should call? I haven't taken it to anyone or made an appointment yet.
    - John

2002 Outback LSV