I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Default Perfect pass problem

I have the moomba perfect pass wake board pro (2006) model,this weekend the display just went crazy like the letters and numbers srambling up and moving all around,it kept working during this and finally cleared up.Any ideas on what is going on it has done this a couple of times
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

Default Re: Perfect pass problem

Sounds like too much tequila on your part.

Call the folks at PP. They have great customer support.

I am going to say water intrusion. Noting to base that on excpet the other day my realtively new PP that I installed last year went crazy after a hard rain that probaly got water on the dash. System was 'OFF' as fara as I knew. The display would not show any characters and just emitted a high pitched scream for about 2 minutes until I finally shut off the motor. When restarted the motor - all was fine. No problem since.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

I would also look at the water issue. A friend of mine has an 06 too with the same PP in it and the screen will either be blank, read completely fine, or get into a rebooting sequence where it just keeps showing the guy skiing on the front. He took the cover off of the control module under the dash and just left it off. He also left the boat uncovered for a long weekend and let it all dry out. He hasn't had an issue since.

I made a suggestion that he put some of those little silica (?) gel packs in the control module box to suck up any excess moisture. I don't know if he tried it though.