Thread: Platform spray

Default Platform spray

Hey, I recently joined the forums. I've owned a 2000 Supra Launch for 7 years. I got into wakesurfing when I first got it and just love sport!

I just upgraded to a 06 mobius LSV a couple days ago. Way better surf wake. I had my supra dialed in and it was great, but the mobius is steeper and longer, and it's easier to make without having a crap ton of ballast bags laying around in the way.

My only issue is that the platform throws a pretty serious and annoying rooster tail from the left edge. Has anybody else had this issue and know a solution? It doesn't really affect anything, it's just annoying!

Thanks

Default Platform spray

Buy a surf platform. They were an option in 2011 or 2012 and are now the standard

Yup that platform will always do that, as you weight the boat more and more it will be less but it will always spray.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks, that'd be a good idea, but I'm assuming that would cost a little mroe than I'd want to spend. Yesterday I had a few more people in the boat, and it wasn't as bad. Not sure it would be worth the money. I haven't even looked at the structure of the bottom of the platform yet, I was thinking more like glassing the bottom left side to be smooth or something.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Default Platform spray

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Thanks, that'd be a good idea, but I'm assuming that would cost a little mroe than I'd want to spend. Yesterday I had a few more people in the boat, and it wasn't as bad. Not sure it would be worth the money. I haven't even looked at the structure of the bottom of the platform yet, I was thinking more like glassing the bottom left side to be smooth or something.
    There was someone who did this and it looked like a nice job, too. Not sure how well it worked or how it lasted but it would be worth a search. He documented the process very well, if I recall.

Anyone remember who it was?
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

I think it was Todd. I'll see if I can find it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!