Thread: kneeboard

Default kneeboard

there wasn't a section for kneeboards so i just put it in here. i wanna buy a kneeboard for the kids and some adults. i want the aquatic hook for easy start for kids but something durable enough for an adult to do spins on and just w2w if they want.
    what boards do you have that you love that i should consider and what boards should i stay away from?
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

Default kneeboard

We've had a couple of the Hydroslide Havocs. They are nice beginner boards and come with the clip for starting. However, they are slow, rotomolded kneeboards and we've broken the strap hold downs on both boards when we've gotten a little crazy with them. Not even wake to wake mind you, just on small jumps. They do spin ok.

We bought a HO Agent kneeboard a couple of years ago and THAT thing is a BEAST. I'm 230 and can take it WTW with no problem. Lots of big crashes and it has held up great. Super fast and it is built like a wakeboard. My daughter has spun like 70 times in a row on the Agent.

There are a couple of even newer kneeboards that have come out in the last year, but I don't have any direct experience with them. One from Obrien and I can't remember who makes the other one.

My general feeling is the Hydroslide is nice for beginners, but you outgrow it very quickly. Most people prefer the Agent after only a few rides.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

We did a fair amount years ago and tried a lot of boards. The best I found was airrageous circa 2009. It is a light skipy board easy on the arms. The cheap boards are heavy on the arms and drag. It is harder to get up on but you will ride longer. The hook can help as a trainer but once up, not even my then 6 year old daughter used it. I hate them as kids will figure out to use it even after they are up to Hollywood it. At which point I cut power. Too lazy to hold on, to lazy to ride. If you do much you will pull 2. They will splash eachother. Then to get an edge some kid will drop the handle and start pulling up on the rope to get ahead and splash better. I think it is unsafe. Another power cutting event. If it someday fills with water just drain and calk it.
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

We have a couple hydroslides, been good for the kids.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I had recently thought about picking up a new one as well. I was looking at HO Sports Proton. I have an HO Joker from the mid 90's. If things are still the same, I found the non-compression ones are more boyant and fun for the kids on the beach as well. But sometimes the bottom gets soft and become really difficult to ride. The compression molded are like wake boards, the thin edge cuts sharp and they have great pop off the wake. I never had anything with the little tow hook, but I could see that as an over used crutch.

My kids have started kneeboarding before waterskiing. They just feel more comfortable. And anything is better than dragging the tube all day.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

yes exactly i wanna get away from the tube so they get use to being on a board...they are 5 and 7. 7 year old daughter has a fear of water so i dont' wanna push her but give her something easy to move on to and always have my friends and family bring out there young kids. i called barts and they pushed the ho proton as well sayting it has the hook and has fins you can slide up and down depending on you want stability or want to spin but wasn't sure if that would start messing up and get stuck in one spot. barts also said the obrien eclipse is a good beginner/intermediate board but nothing is better then asking people who used them. thanks guys i wanna order it tonight so i have it by the weekend
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

At 5 and 7 I think I'd get the cheapest one with a hook, which would probably be the Hydroslide. The Proton looks good too, but I'm not sure how the hook works on that one. On the Hydroslide it is spring loaded, so if you take the handle out it snaps back down out of the way. Nothing to bash the knogin on. Not sure if the Proton is always up or not.

Hook on the Hydroslide works well.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron