Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Oz Tower Hand Knob Doesn't Tighten?

I just got a 2013 Outback V and I noticed that the hand knob to tighten one side of the Oz tower won't tighten because it doesn't catch. Is anyone else having this issue? The dealer told me that this is not a major concern, but I feel uncomfortable towing people with only one bolt holding the tower up.

NO WAY!!!!

Tell your dealer to check page 10 of the Owner's Manual which clearly states the following:

"Loose fittings may result in tower collapse. Check tightness of tower bolts and knobs before each use."

The above is also stated on a warning sticker that is applied on/near your tower.

Default Oz Tower Hand Knob Doesn't Tighten?

Let your tower down and tighten the nut on the back side I the knob. While you are doing this also clean the threads on both the knob and the block it screws in to. There is probably powder coating caked in there not allowing the knob to catch. You may also have to push the side of the tower in to get it to seat properly on the block.

Had to do this process on my 13LSV and no problems since. Its not a big deal to fix but DO NOT use with only one knob on tower installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Great advice for a fix from Todd! Hopefully, as he stated, it's not a big deal to fix.

Please give me a call and I can help you address the issue. The tower should not be used with only 1 knob installed.

Jon Allen
    Customer Service
    Skier's Choice, Inc.
    865-983-9924 ext. 148
    [email protected]

jon, i also lost one of my knobs for the 04 rad a cage and the other one , like stated above, does not catch the bolt..the knob just turns. is there a part number for these that i can order orrrr?
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

this ? has been asked a few times and I think most end up going thru a dealer and the knob was something like $12-$15

If you don't have a dealer close, call Cynde @ Atlanta Marine and she will ship it to your door. 770-945-5666

sounds good wolfiieee
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

motosno963,

The part number for the 2004 tower knob is 104033 and is available through any of our dealers.

*Please note that this is a different part than the knob on the 2013 OZ tower mentioned in the original post.*

standing outside the boat with my wife or daughter holding the tower up, I have to push the base of the tower inwards and can then get the hand knob to start, otherwise its not going to work at all. its all gotta line up just perfect. had the same issue at first and was cussing up a storm that first day i put the tower up.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart