Default New (to me) Moomba LSV needs audio help!

New to forums but I'm sure I will be spending some time here.

Just bought a 2007 moomba mobius LSV with 20 hours on it. Love the boat but I need better audio.

Trying to figure out how this thing is wired and I think I have it figured out.

Boat has a roswell speaker cluster on the tower and Kenwood KFC-1608ie all around. Thats 4 in the cabin, 2 in front, and 4 on the tower.

There is a kenwood KDC-Mp232 head unit and a KAC-x542 4 channel amp. The amp appears to be driving the front speakers on channel a1 + a2 and the tower on b1 + b2. The cabin seems to be running on the head unit.

There is also what appears to be a 12" sub. Cannot figure out how it is powered (perhaps its own amp module in the sub?)

So questions

I'd like to keep my INITIAL budget to $1k

1. The speakers are only rated for 40watt RMS. Is it worthwhile to upgrade the speakers as they are all getting about 40watt RMS. What are some good suggestions. Such a low sensitivity for a speaker! (I'm a pro audio guy)

2. Sub. help. How is this configured and are there any simple options to upgrade?

3. Head unit. How can I add Sirius to this. I feel it may be my best option to upgrade this to a better kenwood unit. I want satellite radio and an 1/8 input for ipod/iphone/androids. I've read in other places that buying kenwood simplifies the harness.

4. My remote stopped working on day 3. I wiggled the remote -> harness -> plug under the dash and it sort of works. If I upgrade the radio what radios have remotes that will work in the existing harness?
    (the remote is an Aeware)

Thanks in advance all knowing moomba community

Here is a pic of her all cleaned up
    lsv.jpg
    Last edited by jeffhtg; 06-15-2013 at 03:43 PM.

I see many people suggest the
    polk db651
    as an upgrade to the kenwoods. Since this was a few years ago that people were doing that upgrade is there a better speaker now that people are using in the same price point?

Looking at a couple pairs on ebay new for $65.. so $350 for upgrading all the speakers isn't that bad if it that big of a difference. Still leaves some money for a new head unit and remote and maybee even an additional amp for the tower speakers

im going to ask but ill probably get a no haha..do you know anyone who works at best buy?..i have a buddy who works there and they get awesome deals on audio equipment..i got 2 10'' subs and a amp to push it for almost 200$..that being said it could help you out alot, also polk speakers are marine cert. so you dont have to worry about the water getting on them. another thing is near the end of the year or right before boating season exile audio does a sale and you can pick up demo speakers and amps for a good price as well
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Okay so I'm impatient.. saw best buy had the kenwood 555u today and the siriusxm module so 30 min later i had pulled my old radio and replaced that one.

The radio sleeve on the factory job is foamed in.. i opted to try to use the old sleeve and the radio fit - however the trim ring doesn't. I'll try to shave it down and make it fit when it is not about to storm outside.

The remote doesn't work.. I'm going to buy the nice remote with the LCD on it. Whats with the remote -> harness adapter in the stock radio? Does that go into the harness on the radio or is it simple an adapter to get it 'thru the boat'

i need to figure out what the best wiring path is to get the remote cable from the driver side to the radio (and order the appropriate extension if i cannot use the factory harness somehow).

Default Re: New (to me) Moomba LSV needs audio help!

You should be able to catch the db651 on sale for 49.99 shipped. Ill bet earmarkaudio might even help you out on that if you ask real nicely. Thats where I got all three sets of mine from. Their a vendor on here. But yeah the polks are awesome. I had them hooked up to a 6 channel mbquart marine amp and it would get so loud it would hurt your ears.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

the Polk are definitely best bang for the buck!!!
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhtg View Post
    Okay so I'm impatient.. saw best buy had the kenwood 555u today and the siriusxm module so 30 min later i had pulled my old radio and replaced that one.

The radio sleeve on the factory job is foamed in.. i opted to try to use the old sleeve and the radio fit - however the trim ring doesn't. I'll try to shave it down and make it fit when it is not about to storm outside.

The remote doesn't work.. I'm going to buy the nice remote with the LCD on it. Whats with the remote -> harness adapter in the stock radio? Does that go into the harness on the radio or is it simple an adapter to get it 'thru the boat'

i need to figure out what the best wiring path is to get the remote cable from the driver side to the radio (and order the appropriate extension if i cannot use the factory harness somehow).
    First congratz on the boat.
    Second Welcome to the Forum

On to the business,

Dont worry about the old radio frame being Foamed in, most actually are not, Just cut the foam and pop it out. When you mount the new radio just make sure it doesn't vibrate or it will damage the gell coating in the glove box.

For wires, from the driver side to the Port side where your stereo is, look under the dash, that hump has a hole in it, with lots of other wires, now look in the ski locker, upper section has a hole, and under the lip of the ski locker it wire hangers, and a pipe in the very front, fish all your wires though here and just follow the main wiring of the boat, it will connect back to the starboard side.

That's the easiest and shortest path from one side of the boat to the other.

On your boat you will need to remove the Subwoofer to access this hump as its behind the panel, or box, which ever yours is.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Wow a 2007 with only 20 hours. Nice find!