Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Moomba LSV 2008 not starting

It will be in the left rear locker toward the seat side with a big battery cable and 1 or 2 other small wires coming off of it. Bolts will be on the bottom .

PWI as usual...

[/QUOTE]
    when i try to start the engine it sounds like its trying to start the sound that it normally makes when i start it, but it just doesn't turn over.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? The normal sound is the engine turning over until it actually starts.

Can you hear the engine turning? Or just the click of the starter engaging?

Have you checked the circuit breakers under the dash? There is one for your bilge pump (I am fairly sure).

The reason I ask is that you sound unfamiliar with engines, and starters are pretty resiliant when it comes to water.
    Last edited by NateHaskovec; 06-13-2013 at 03:38 PM.

I am very unfamiliar with engines, no all i can hear is the click of the starter engaging i think.

Default Re: Moomba LSV 2008 not starting

Make sure your throttle is in neutral and try starting...

Double check your battery connections are tight. Try starting...

Make sure your breaker didn't trip. (Under the observer seat) push the red button and see if it clicks. Then reset it by flipping the little black lever back in on the breaker. Try starting...

Next go the engine compartment and make sure the little red reset button is depressed. Should be basically right behind the ski pylon above the transmission. Try starting...

If it still doesn't work have someone turn over the key until you locate the sound of the click, take a pic of that part then get back to us.
    Last edited by newty; 06-13-2013 at 04:38 PM.

PWI as usual...

Do any of the other accessory switches work? ie docking lights, stereo, nav lights etc? Its funny that a bilge would just quit and you can't turn the motor over. Can you borrow a battery from someone else just to check? I've have good charges on bench tests but not work in the boat..deep cycle batteries can be quirky

Default Moomba LSV 2008 not starting

Sorry to be the one to say this but maybe you need to seek the help of a professional (or at least someone who is knowledgable about engines/ boats)?...

I realize your boat is on a lift and not easily accessible for a mechanic to get to, but you could be chasing your tail for a while and losing good water time.

There is a certain level of knowledge that is necessary to troubleshoot this sort of thing and it seems like it would be a steep learning slope. I don't mean any offense by my comments, I am mostly concerned with your lack of water time while you sort your way through this.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

I found the problem, it ended up being a fuse that was burned out, thanks alot for the help everyone, but I have one more small question, when I lower my lift and put it on the water, I seems that water is coming in to the engine hull, but very fast but quick enough to notice, is there a plug somewhere that could be loose, if so were is it?

You will need to dry the engine area and have 1 person lower the boat and you watch very carefully, the only place on an 08 LSV that it can get water in normally is the rear plug,. You shaft should be a drip less, so you need to watch it and see where the water is comming from for us to help.

The only other place is depending on how your life holds the boat, the LSV is notorious for water in the Ski locker, it will drain back to the bilge when the boat is set in the water.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Moomba LSV 2008 not starting

Quote Originally Posted by oli560 View Post
    I found the problem, it ended up being a fuse that was burned out, thanks alot for the help everyone
    Nice work! Sorry to be a naysayer and doubt your skills. I seemed to me that it was going to be a bit more involved.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro