Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mojo vs A22 in rough water?

I know the subject of Moomba vs Axis has been beat on the web, but haven't found to answer to a nagging question... I use my boat in rough water frequently, my current XLV doesn't really handle the chop as well as a 23' boat should. I am in the market for a new boat and between the Mojo and A22, does anyone know if there is a noticeable difference in the way the boat rides or handles in rough water??

Thanks for you help!
    AJ

I don't think you'll find anyone on here that has been in both. From what I've seen, the Mojo is a much deeper boat but your best bet is to demo them both yourself as your opinion of "what's better" may be very different from someone else and why would you risk that on a $50K+ purchase?

I can’t help with the comparison but I can tell you that you will get soaked on the A22 in rough water.

My wife and I test drove the A22 and the LSV on the same day at Lanier. The water was very rough that day. On the LSV we got a little moist from the spray. The A22 we got soaked. The windshield doesn’t come back far enough to do any good. The other main thing that I didn’t like was that the boat would purpose and you couldn’t stop it other than slowing down. I would do like Drew suggested and take both out.
    2015 Supra SE 550

Check out the Axis from the Brostock pictures. Not sure the free board difference between the two but the Axis looks low. My 98 Mobius sits low but it does fine in rough water until I have to come off a plane

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....-From-Brostock
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    the Axis looks low.
    this is definitely NOT the case with the Mojo. You practically need a step stool to get from the swim deck back onto the sunpad and I have yet to take a roller over the bow even when running loaded for surfing.

Thank you yz 2smoke for your useful opinions!

Default Mojo vs A22 in rough water?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    You practically need a step stool to get from the swim deck back onto the sunpad
    At 5'6" I would benefit from a step stool on the swim platform. The Mojo is deep!!!
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    At 5'6" I would benefit from a step stool on the swim platform. The Mojo is deep!!!
    Id love to see them put a step like the LSV has on the back, i also kneel down on my knee to step off the sundeck LOL

I have been able to take water over the nose of the Mojo when i was experimenting and had 1500lbs in the nose and no rear weight, but other then that no rollers.

The Mojo does feel really solid when i hit rollers, just plows through them but i have never been on the water in an Axis.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by ajsboat View Post
    I know the subject of Moomba vs Axis has been beat on the web, but haven't found to answer to a nagging question... I use my boat in rough water frequently, my current XLV doesn't really handle the chop as well as a 23' boat should. I am in the market for a new boat and between the Mojo and A22, does anyone know if there is a noticeable difference in the way the boat rides or handles in rough water??

Thanks for you help!
    AJ
    Do you run the XLV with the ski locker ballast full? Mine would handle chop like an offshore fishing boat with the 1100 full.

Quote Originally Posted by NateHaskovec View Post
    Do you run the XLV with the ski locker ballast full? Mine would handle chop like an offshore fishing boat with the 1100 full.
    Thats worth a try. Never crossed my mind. Always empty when just driving for gas reasons.