Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    maybe something with a wider beam and a less sensitive wake for us wakeboarders who have friends that can't seem to stay seated where we tell them...
    I have to agree that some innovation focused on wakeboarding would be nice.

Default 2014

Quote Originally Posted by muehlcj View Post
    I did see green piping in the one picture.
    Somebody was paying attention.

Hang in there,Dealer meetings this month Pics will popping up all over the place soon,Nautique has been rumered to have something big to reveal also,G21 maybe?Fun time of year for Boat lovers as the new models are revealed.

Default 2014

With the direction the towboat market seems to be moving I'm thinking we need to see a true pickle fork in the Moomba lineup... (ie: A20, tige' RZ?, etc) pickle forks and sporks are taking over.

What about some additional options as "upgrades" in the electronics department like more expansive digital readouts/touchscreens etc.... Similar to the upgrades from "moomba cruise" to digital cruise pro. I like the changes for 2013 LSV and Mojo making digital pro a standard leaving GPS as option but like the AT&T commercial "which is better more or less?" " we want more, we want more!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

I hope it's something surf specific in a shorter boat and skiers actually pushes a promo advertising that
    something tells me if drew was there, his daughters were shot riding it??
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    We are talking about possibly selling the Mojo end of the summer if that says anything...
    Holy Cr?p. Dibs...

There must be something radical changed in the 2014. Looks like maybe a few potential 2013 purchases might go on hold for a bit for a couple of reasons.
    past---------------2003 Outback SOLD
    present------------2006 Supra Launch 21V

Ron

I'll add to the chain here...

First, towards Todd's remark, I hope Moomba never gets a touch screen, even for an option. Heck, it sounds like the ballast timer/fill indicator give folks enough trouble. We don't always want more. Less=simple=less problems & less money.

Which brings me to my only true wish for the future of Moomba Boats, and that is to make them less expensive. It just seems like the price gap between Moomba and the other guys is closing. Also, it seems that the prices have increased by about 1/3 in the past ten years. Cars have not increased that much in price, I would say closer to 20%. Hell, the cost of houses has dropped significantly. Now I love boats, they are my favorite (cars are a close second), but lets be honest; they are a hunk of fiberglass with a motor dropped in it. Fiberglass is not expensive; carpet is not expensive; vinyl is not expensive.

Boats are exponentially less complex than an automobile. Boats are often compared to tractors as they tow things, but I will use trucks, as it makes more sense. A new F150 STX V8 2WD has an base MSRP of about $29,000 (4WD $33,000). Now let's look at a new Mobius LSV. It has a base MSRP of about $52,000. To me, this makes little sense. Now I know that boats are luxury items... semi-custom... lower volume... and all that; I just feel that when my boat costs close to twice what the tow vehicle costs, there is an issue. It reminds me of those guys with the old beat up cars with huge expensive rims on them.

While I am on my soapbox:
    I love my 2001 Outback, I am NEVER going to sell it; it has been a fantastic boat. I bought it in August 2005. In the past 7 full seasons, I have averaged about 65 hours a season, and only had to be towed once (ran out of gas), and it has never been in for any service. Probably close to 50 people have learned or rediscovered skiing, wakeboarding, surfing, kneeboarding, or discing. Several of them have moved on to their own boats (none of them Moombas).

Most of you guys are relative newbies to the Moomba scene. Hell, it looks like I was a member three years before the "Super Moderator" Drew. In fact, now I am curious who has been around longer than me. I guess Ed was, but I guess we aren't supposed to bring that up. I think some of the old time guys have "traded up", I think noneya did, and aren't around anymore. I also am curious who has an older boat than me, I imagine not very many.

I have been around long enough to hear all of the negative comments and criticisms of Moomba. I do my best to defend Moomba whenever reasonable. (I have purposefully not joined Wakeworld because most of those idiots are unreasonable.) I will venture to say that a lot of the newer guys on here haven't dealt with that, as Moomba has been gaining some respect in the past few years. (The Mojo has done quite a bit for that.) I have recommended Moomba to every person I know looking for a boat, yet no one has every bought one. They seem to get hung up on the bling factor and end up with MC or Nautique or Tige (no Bu's yet).

I guess my point is that I bought a Moomba because I loved to ski, and now love to wakeboard, and it was pretty much all that I could (barely) afford, but I knew it was an SC product and I could trust it. Back then, the boats were basic and functional. Now the whole industry in general is getting carried away. I don't need a computer read out to tell me when my ballast is full. I don't need board racks that swivel. I don't think I even need a wake plate.

A new LSV is almost $2500 per foot (base model). I want an LSV, and they are nice boats, but I just can't justify spending that amount of money on a new one, especially considering that I paid $1000 a foot for my boat when I bought it. I would be okay with $1500 a foot, and I might could be talked into $2000 a foot, but for me to pay twice what I paid for my boat, it would have to function twice as good, and I just don't see that happening. I am wanting to get a v-drive for next season (if all goes well), so I guess next year I will start looking for a 2006+ Mobius LSV with low hours on it in the $30k range because I don't think I can justify spending twice that on a new one that has the exact same wake.

Okay, I'll step down off the podium now!

Moomba 4eva!

I agree that new boat prices across the board have gotten out of control. But you bought your last boat used and it's been great for you, so I think you've got the right idea with the 2006+ LSV.

And they give Super Moderator titles to anyone.

Tnbrooks is the Mojo not a true pickle fork front end?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Tnbrooks is the Mojo not a true pickle fork front end?
    Pickle spork!