IMO, a wakeboard boat is like a sports car, not a truck or tractor. So, let's compare our boats to that versus the Annual GDP, avg COLA, DJIA or any of those other fancy economic indicators. How about an American icon: the Chevrolet Corvette. It's mostly motor and fiberglass, maybe some leather vs vinyl and tires vs a prop, but bear with me.

According to msnautos.com/Kelley Blue Book, in 2001 a Corvette topped out at $16,805. Unfortunately, 2012 and 2013 numbers aren't posted, so we'll have to use 2011 just so our facts are straight/verifiable. Want to guess the number? Will it be double? More than that?

The published number for a 2011 Chevrolet Corvette is $95,733

That math works out to an increase of over 5.5 times. For something that gets you from Point A to Point B.

Still think SC/Moomba has gone up too much?

I think what many folks forget are two things:

1) R&D. We all like to see new boats, better performance, etc. and that is the result of R&D which costs money and, like marketing, is a cost passed to the consumer.

2) Supplier cost increases. Not just for the raw materials, but what can SC do if/when Indmar, Boatmate, Kicker and/or Kenwood decide to increase their price? It's one thing I've noticed with my boats - I get a bag full of owner's manuals.

I don't think you'll see prices fall - from SC or any of the wakeboat manufacturers. I would think that at some point it will have to hit a cap. But, I thought the same thing a few years ago when the boats were going for just over $100k and now a G23 is pushing $150k. And, people are buying them!

So, guess I'll hop off my soapbox now. FWIW - the "Super Moderator" moniker wasn't self-appointed. I have no idea where that came from and that designation has been given to all the current Mods.

source data:
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/de...model=Corvette