Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Where did the tower go in the sunk docked photo?[/QUOTE]

Isn't the black at the bottom of the pic the tower?
    2006 Mobius LSV 325 hp MPI Indmar
    2005 6L Silverado 1500HD Quadrasteer
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

nate, I think you're reading too much into this..

new(old) product is developed(improved) and I would bet centurion does have a ton of hours testing that product. the pr/sales wheels take over and modify said product to fit a sales brochure/youtube mission and voila, boat sinks. ask how many other comp boat owners have modified ballast systems, got on the lake and had a fitting pop off flooding the boat with water?
    sure, the argument can be made that 3" holes are much worse than 1", but ask yourself why we are all installing 1"? it's what's on the market. as consumers demand faster and faster technology, it'll change. heck, most boats went from a single hole on a manifold to 3-4 holes on separate pumps and from 3/4 to 1-1/4.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    nate, I think you're reading too much into this..

new(old) product is developed(improved) and I would bet centurion does have a ton of hours testing that product. the pr/sales wheels take over and modify said product to fit a sales brochure/youtube mission and voila, boat sinks. ask how many other comp boat owners have modified ballast systems, got on the lake and had a fitting pop off flooding the boat with water?
    sure, the argument can be made that 3" holes are much worse than 1", but ask yourself why we are all installing 1"? it's what's on the market. as consumers demand faster and faster technology, it'll change. heck, most boats went from a single hole on a manifold to 3-4 holes on separate pumps and from 3/4 to 1-1/4.
    You are probably right.

My thought process is that a 3" hole is literally 10x bigger than a 1" hole. The square inch area of a 1" hole is .78in^2. A three inch hole is 7.06 in^2.

With two 3" holes in the system, the boat will sink 20x faster than if any of us experience a ballast failure.

Add that to the fact that the ramfill hydraulically shocks the ballast tanks, and ballast bags look better to me than ever.

Then there is the fact that if it does start flooding, you have to be on plane to drain the tanks.

Maybe I am overthinking it. I just feel bad for the beta testing new owners.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Hmmmm . . .

Maybe the sunk boat isn't the one from the vid
    Look at the bow cushions in the video. It's the same boat.

you don't think that they might have 2 boats with the same interior?

Quote Originally Posted by Grant M View Post
    Where did the tower go in the sunk docked photo?
    Isn't the black at the bottom of the pic the tower?[/QUOTE]

look at the video in the first pic. that tower sits right over the driver seat, could be folded down when it sunk ????
    not sure could be a h20 optical illusion on the angle of the boat but its weird.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

it's just a different way to fill the same setup that mb/calabria use. those boats have to be up on plane to empty as well. if it's a sealed tank just like theirs, "shocking" the ballast tanks really isn't any different than sitting and waiting while water floods a tank from the rear. look at the openings on the back of the mb and they are not 1". I have not heard horror stories of their boats sinking. I have heard of the gates failing and not dumping water or not closing, but they have a valve you can manually close/open. pita sure, but no different than one of our ballast pumps failing. centurion I would bet has the same valve on the bottom end. it'll just fill quicker, but again, if they are sealed tanks, it shouldn't be a big deal.

not trying to defend centurion as I'll probably not ever have one parked in my garage, but it's a cool twist on some existing technology that I'm sure has a lot of hours of testing on it with engineers that are paid to design boats and all we're doing is picking it apart without touching/feeling the end product.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    If you knew why that boat ended up that way you wouldn't, human error and nothing to do with ramfill, how did you get that picture?
    Ruh roh! WOW....
    In any case the Centurion is probably out of my price range, so a Mojo is most likely more of a possibility.
    2017 Moomba Craz

something I've been thinking about, the ass end of that boat is headed straight down to the bottom or is sitting on the bottom, maybe a bow rope is the only thing keeping it up? looks to me like there is no flotation in that boat. would really suck to sink any boat but it would be even worse to have it go to the bottom of the lake vrs being flooded at water level. not sure I want to give up flotation for the fill time.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart