Default Ballast placement in a 2006 moomba outback

I recently started surfing, like two days ago recent, and i need to get a bigger wave. I have the factory bag under the back seat and i need to make the wave bigger and the pocket longer. We normally only have 4 people in the boat. What weight bags do I need and where should i put them? Any advice from you guys who have been doing this awhile would be appricated. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by newmoomba View Post
    I recently started surfing, like two days ago recent, and i need to get a bigger wave. I have the factory bag under the back seat and i need to make the wave bigger and the pocket longer. We normally only have 4 people in the boat. What weight bags do I need and where should i put them? Any advice from you guys who have been doing this awhile would be appricated. Thanks in advance

IN My '05 LS I had a 750 along side of the engine box and one on the back seat. I also filled the tank under the seat and I had a 400 (370) in the ski locker. I only ran that setup for one summer as I sold it and went to a V drive (LSV) HUGE difference.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

We ran a 750 in the rear under the seat (seat in upper position), 750 port side next to engine, 400 in bow.

'06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Ed G (an old school forum member, now banned) claimed he had an awesome wakesurf wake in his 2003 Outback. Here are his recommendations:

600# beside the engine
    800#behind the engine (rear seat removed)
    no weight in bow
    Approx. 10 mph

My 2001 has a different hull, and I don't really surf much, so I can't really vouch for it.

thanks for the info. I baught two 400lb bags, seems i may need to pick up another 600lb bag and i can try out Ed's advice. thanks again.

I just replaced the (2) 600lb bags in my mojo with 1100's if you are interested in saving some $ on new.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

I'm looking at replacing the 450's in my lsv with 900's, but looking at the measurements on the 900's, it doesn't appear as though its going to fit. Any recommendations?
    Happy first time Moomba owner
    2002 LSV

they will "fit", but may not get to full capacity, that's all.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

muehlcj............what are the dimensions of your 600lb bags and how much do you want?
    2006 Outback V
    1992 Ski Nautique Open Bow

my OBV, 1100, rear locker, 750 on the back seat, 400 on surf side (if not many passengers), around 600 upfront in the bow. also i fill the center locker along with the non surf side about 1/4 the way full. All this equals really big wake!
    i also have the trim about 1/4 the way up.( this will help with the push...)
    B.J. Reed

2006 Moomba OBV