Hybrid View

Default Ballast placement in a 2006 moomba outback

I recently started surfing, like two days ago recent, and i need to get a bigger wave. I have the factory bag under the back seat and i need to make the wave bigger and the pocket longer. We normally only have 4 people in the boat. What weight bags do I need and where should i put them? Any advice from you guys who have been doing this awhile would be appricated. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by newmoomba View Post
    I recently started surfing, like two days ago recent, and i need to get a bigger wave. I have the factory bag under the back seat and i need to make the wave bigger and the pocket longer. We normally only have 4 people in the boat. What weight bags do I need and where should i put them? Any advice from you guys who have been doing this awhile would be appricated. Thanks in advance

IN My '05 LS I had a 750 along side of the engine box and one on the back seat. I also filled the tank under the seat and I had a 400 (370) in the ski locker. I only ran that setup for one summer as I sold it and went to a V drive (LSV) HUGE difference.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

We ran a 750 in the rear under the seat (seat in upper position), 750 port side next to engine, 400 in bow.

'06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Ed G (an old school forum member, now banned) claimed he had an awesome wakesurf wake in his 2003 Outback. Here are his recommendations:

600# beside the engine
    800#behind the engine (rear seat removed)
    no weight in bow
    Approx. 10 mph

My 2001 has a different hull, and I don't really surf much, so I can't really vouch for it.

thanks for the info. I baught two 400lb bags, seems i may need to pick up another 600lb bag and i can try out Ed's advice. thanks again.

I just replaced the (2) 600lb bags in my mojo with 1100's if you are interested in saving some $ on new.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo