Hi all i don't post much on here just normally lurk around looking for fixes or others that are experiencing the same problems. I own a 2006 mob lsv since new it has 240 hrs on it now and thought i would give a rundown of the problems, good and bad, i have encountered with the boat, to see if i was the exception or the rule.

First year i had the boat it worked flawless mechanically. Stereo was drastically underpowered and Moomba replaced the amp's with another underpowered amp that fiizzled and smoked the second time i turned it on...I laughed it off replaced the single amp with 2 amps that made a huge difference, except i learned the tower speakers sucked balls!!! So i replaced them with some Roswell Vamp Spins and replaced the cheap kenwood deck so i could have independant control of the tower speakers (ppl in the boat wanted their ear drums intact.) Viola 2000 grand later stereo is sweet!! Oh and the rubbers on the boardracks fall off..i'll fix it in the spring

2nd summer pulled the boat out of storage gel coat all cracked one quick call it will be covered under warranty no questions asked. They admitted the gel coats were breaking down because of the new epa standards and very susceptible to thermal cracking boat completely fixed. Some boats were being returned to factory it was so bad...i guess mine isn't that bad. Rubbers glued back on

3rd summer pulled boat out gelcoat all cracked again called and covered admittedly to thermal cracking gel coat out of warranty but Moomba came through and repaired it. Tower mirror bracket lost its weld, broke away, and smacked me in the forehead. Bracket replaced at dealer cost. Boat started cutting out gradually getting worse, leaves me stranded a few times get to meet some neighbours at least, back to dealership...easy fix of fuel filter.

4th summer guess what, gel coat is all cracked again called Moomba this time I was told to pound salt and the reason was due to "excessive weighting" they've never heard of thermal cracking. Yeah my wife 2 kids and I are sinking the boat to the gunels and hitting double ups...come on. No more than stock ballast has ever been in the boat filled occasionally to smash out a few ralley's. At least they fixed it once out of warranty as your only covered for a year. Dealer would split cost with me @ $3000 I passed and learned to live with it. Boat starts cutting out again fuel filter replaced again but i found a bunch of black sludge in it. Fuel lines are breaking down and all had to be replaced, apparently Malaysia is not a good place to make fuel lines...Pump is also shot and the little ball valve thingy on top of the fuel tank. Met some more cottagers and my shoulders are getting a good work out from the paddling.

5th summer gel coat doesn't get any worse i think she likes the cracks so I'm gonna let her keep them. Driving down the lake the bimini top folds in two...whatever i take it in stride laugh a little and replace it. Boat leaves me stranded a few times ethanol in fuel is what im told replace fuel filter start gas additives and add a water seperator. Sun deck upholstery starts to come apart at the seams, panels removed and restitched..I blame it on the kids no more playing on the boat while it is docked as they liked jumping off the swim platform. Ms Moomba does not like kids!!

6th summer gelcoat looks sweet, cracks stay the same i must have stopped weighting the boat excessively. Rest of the cushions around the boat start letting go...prolly something to do with the cover falling apart its now faded and water starting to seap through although i treat it every year..i wonder if its from malaysia too?? Perfect pass isn't working that well either..the display screen fades in and out and i put another bilge pump in. Boat starts cutting out differently towards the end of summer fuel filter doesn't really make any difference this time.

7th summer boat is cutting out all the time, back to the dealership as i cant figure it out. Throttle position sensor and cam position sensor replaced i guess those were the codes flashing this time. Upholstery is done, pretty much going to have redo the boat. Boat starts cutting out again. Trace all wires and find a loose ground attached to the block problem solved.

I cant wait to see what this summer brings. I bought the boat to become a better wakeboarder and it has done that....but unexpectantly the boat has also turned me into a marine mechanic and troubleshooter. I'm also starting to get a set of shoulders like Rocky Balboa from all the paddling. I've found all these repairs to be a little excessive for a $55000 boat. This is stuff i would have expected from a Bayliner or Four Winns but friends with these boats don't seem to have the problems i've had. Here's to hoping i'm the exception and not the rule.