Default Boat lift cables twisting

My cables on my lift keep twisting and one finally snapped yesterday. Any advice on how to keep them from twisting and rubbing together.
    05 Moomba LSV

what kind of lift & pics would be helpful

photo 2.jpgphoto 1.jpgHere are a few photos.
    05 Moomba LSV

hmmmm . . .

my lift is constructed differently where the lift points on the cradle is fixed and the cable goes thru a pulley then wraps around a pipe. Try calling lunmar lifts in LA. They've always been real helpful when I've had questions. Only other thing I can think is that the cables are old & worn out and you need to replace them.

Most lifting cables are galvanized with a stainless blend. All stainless are too brittle for strength to lift a boat. leveling cables are mostly all stainless. Once the galvanized starts to rust then its time for some new cables. the rubbing and twisting will surely speed up the wear out process.

Looks like the pulleys spin on the lifting cross beam board, most likely need to be restrung untwitsted. where are u in Indiana, I bought my great lakes lift from a place in south central Michigan. just replaced a cable this season as it snapped will I was in it 3 ft above the water ,
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold