Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    I'm sure I can't go wrong. I mean it's all SC, and if I love a 2000 Supra I'm just going to assume it's safe to say I'll love a 05 Mobius LSV.
    sounds to me like you're minds already made up and looking to pull the trigger. it'll be a great boat, but I'll still say if you can swing it, the larger hull of the 22 has more potential. after stepping up to a 22ft boat from the launch20 and having surfed a few 23/24ft boats, the longer/wider hull does make a difference. I also think there's a reason all the "core" wakeboard boats that are pulling comps are in the 22-23ft range(sure I know money plays a part in that, but lets face it, there's a reason 20ft boats are few and far between).
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Yeah, I'm not getting a great deal on it by any means; I'm getting a reasonable deal on it. There just aren't many great deals out there right now, and they go real quick. But I sold my Supra today for a good price so it's not a whole lot more for me to switch to the LSV. By adding V-drive, perfect pass, completely plumbed ballast, 1/3 the hours, the color I like, fold down tower (mine you have to remove rear bolts, and I have to to get under my hoist), and a few other nice little options my boat doesn't have, I think it's probably worth it. If I were to keep my Supra I would probably do about $2500 in upgrades (including perfect pass), and I'm spending about $6000 more than what I'm selling my Supra for to get the LSV.

done deal then. BUY IT!

Just FYI - while the tower does fold on this boat by removing a few knob screws, it folds forward towards the bow. Some have found this challenging to do with only one person and the height of the boat actually increases as the tower arcs up before coming to rest on the bow. I would have had to lower the tower before it went on the lift to then get the boat out of the water. I never folded the tower unless the boat went in the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    done deal then. BUY IT!

Just FYI - while the tower does fold on this boat by removing a few knob screws, it folds forward towards the bow. Some have found this challenging to do with only one person and the height of the boat actually increases as the tower arcs up before coming to rest on the bow. I would have had to lower the tower before it went on the lift to then get the boat out of the water. I never folded the tower unless the boat went in the garage.
    Definitely challenging and NOT too much fun to do by yourself in my past experience with my '05 LS. It is doable because I did it most of the time by myself. It may not be as bad without tower speakers adding to the weight of the tower though. I had to put it down every time we put it back in the garage, which was at the end of the day every time we used it. You also will need to put a cushion or life jacket or something between the tower and the gel-coat so the tower can rest on it.

I definitely think it is an upgrade over what you have though. If you can't find the '06 LSV or '08 Outback in the price range you are looking for I say go for it.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Well the deal fell through on the 05, actually due to an issue on my end not the seller's. I was pretty upset Tuesday night when I realized I wasn't going to be able to get it. But then I went surfing behind my Supra that night and felt a lot better.

However, very shortly after that on Weds morning, I made a deal with bigr82 on his 2006 Mobius LSV that popped up in the classifieds on here! It's basically just like the 05, same color I wanted and everything, but the 06 so I was stoked! I sold my boat yesterday, helped the guy set up his hoist and everything last night. Now it's just closing out the money transaction and picking up the boat! It's funny how everything is coming together; I guess this 06 was just meant to be!

Thanks for everybody's help and thanks to this forum's classified section! I think I'll be more satisfied with the 2006 anyway from what you guys are saying about the differences in 06 and 05! I'm sure I'll be on here more often now, switching from the Supra forum to the Moomba lol!

congrats and post up pics. my old supra was orange. I really like that color in skiers palete.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten