Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Questions about 05 Mobius LSV

Hi all, new to the forum. I own a 2000 Supra Launch (direct drive). I recently got the itch to go to a vdrive. I love my wake, and I have it dialed in to give a great wakeboarding and surf wake. Honestly, best dd wake I've ever seen.

I've been looking at 2004-2008 Supras (20SSV, 22SSV). I also am considering a 2005 Mobius LSV, which is why I'm here to ask questions.

Can anybody comment on the similarities and differences of these two boats? I want a little newer boat and a V drive, but I'm scared of losing the wakeboard and surf wake I love so much. I thought maybe the 05 LSV might be pretty comparable to my hull, but I'm not sure. Spec wise they look similar, mine being a few inches wider.

Whatever I get will be loaded with as much ballast as will fit in the boat!

Open to all comments and suggestions. Thanks!

the 05 LSV hull became the 06-08 Outback V, so you may want to also consider those boats/years. I can't help with the direct comparison, but did have an 08 Outback V (OBV) and my family really enjoyed that boat. Room for everyone, didn't have to run around a doghouse and did everything really well. There is a lot of info on here about how folks have set up this hull for wakeboarding & surfing.

Depending on your budget, you may want to also consider a 06+ LSV which will give you a bit bigger boat and therefore more potential for larger wakes.

if you have a choice and supra is in the lineup, skip the 20ssv and go to the 22ssv. the larger the boat, the better the surfwave and the more running surface you will have to play around with the wakeboard wave. I don't board so can't speak for the wakeboard wave, but the shop that took my 20ssv said it had a decent wakeboard wake. the surfwave was never great, only good(20ft boat), was hard to dial in goofy and never really had a ton of length to it.. took 1100's in the back and sacks all over the floor/seats if you were running less than 5 people for a decent surfwave.

second drews comments on the newer lsv.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I would like a 22ssv, I looked at a 04 and a 07. The 04 just wasn't a good enough deal for me. The 07 is a great deal, but it would require me buying a new hoist for sure because of how freaking heavy it is. I really don't want to do that, and even though it's a great deal it's still more than I wanted to spend on a boat.

I don't really NEED that big of a boat. I have a great surf wake behind my 2000 Launch and I like the size for what I do (I live on about a 100 acre lake, and I trailer it sometimes to other venues). On paper, the 05 Mobius LSV looks very similar, same length (20' 8") but a few inches skinnier (98" on mine compared to 95" on LSV).

What I was really hoping for somebody to say was "yes you will get almost the exact same wakeboard and surf wake from the 05 Mobius LSV, and actually a little better because it's V-drive and you can get more ballast in it and configure it better" lol. I'm sure it will be great, I'm just scared to change!

I just really like the v-drive interior configuration, and the 05 Mobius LSV I looked at is the exact color and options I want (when I bought my 2000 launch I almost bought a 05 Ouback with the exact same color scheme, but I thought my Supra was a better deal).

yes you will get almost the exact same wakeboard and surf wake from the 05 Mobius LSV, and actually a little better because it's V-drive and you can get more ballast in it and configure it better

disclaimer: I have no idea if the statement above is true or accurate in any way, manner or form

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    yes you will get almost the exact same wakeboard and surf wake from the 05 Mobius LSV, and actually a little better because it's V-drive and you can get more ballast in it and configure it better

disclaimer: I have no idea if the statement above is true or accurate in any way, manner or form
    LOL wow you read my mind, like verbatim!

Well, you had a 08 Outback V, isn't that the same hull as a 05 Mobius LSV?

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Well, you had a 08 Outback V, isn't that the same hull as a 05 Mobius LSV?
    Well, I mean I guess you kind of already told me in your first post, ha.

I'm sure I can't go wrong. I mean it's all SC, and if I love a 2000 Supra I'm just going to assume it's safe to say I'll love a 05 Mobius LSV.

see post #2 above

I own an 05 LSV and am very happy with it. Only thing i would do is watch for an 06 LSV with the new hull design... if you can get to one of those in your budget i would step up. Now for my 05 i run an 1100 lb bag in the rear locker filled to about 900 lbs, centre bag in floor full (500 lbs) and a 400 lb bag in the nose... bear in mind i usually run with a light crew (2-3 people)... if your running with more put them in the nose and eliminate the nose bag... that way when someone falls you can get them to come to the back and there is way less risk of taking a bow wave... not a big deal but it never feels good to have water over the bow. For wakeboarding i run 750 in non surf side locker and the 1100 filled to the 750 lbs (timer). 500 in the floor full and wakeplate down. once again i run a light crew usually. I love my 05 but the wife would like the newer hull design, so its handles better in rough water... all in all i got mine for a steal and couldn't be happier!
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!