Thread: battery set up

Default battery set up

soo im going to need some help on my battery set up. i have three batterys and a perko switch (1,2, all,off)i have one battery for crank and the other two (xs xp2000's) for the accessorys. im at work right now so i cant get pics but when i get home tonight ill try and throw some up if anyone can help me figure this out haha..and do i need a jumper wire to jump my two pos and neg batterys together?
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

i have three batterys and a perko switch (1,2, all,off)i have one battery for crank and the other two (xs xp2000's) for the accessory
    Are these components sitting in a pile waiting to be installed or are you adding some or all to an existing setup?

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I can't answer the questions above, but I am too looking to install a second battery. My question is does it have to be the same size and brand, or just the same size? My existing battery is from Mac's Battery in Oregon, but I am in Alberta. It is a 24M with 1000MCA. Any help would be grateful. Around here, I can get Trojan or something from Battery Direct. Just not the same brand.
    Thanks
    Kidder
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

moto,

I'm not an expert, but I'll take a stab at it. Since the two XP's are 12V, then they will need to be wired in parallel, so a jumper pos. to pos. and neg. to neg. and a big jumper too, like a 2 or 0 gauge (based on system power). If it were wired in series (pos. to neg.) then you would have a 24V battery and thing would get fried. Google "batteries in parallel" and you can find some diagrams. These two batteries wired in parallel will essentially be one big battery, so the leads from one of these will be connected to one of the positions of the switch (1 or 2, probably 2 would make more sense). Then the starting battery would be connected to the other position (position 1).

Also, as mentioned in the other threads, ALL of the stereo equipment needs to be wired to the same switch post to prevent noise.

So wired like this, I assume the switch positions would be as follows:
    Position 1: Rarely used? Probably only needed if house bank is totally dead?
    Position 2: Used when boat is parked at party cove with the stereo cranked.
    Position ALL: Used when boat is running to attempt to charge all the batteries. (note: attempt will be unsuccessful)
    Position OFF: Used once boat is back on the trailer to prevent any battery rundown; also used while boat is hooked to shore charger (required due to note above.)

Guys, did I miss anything?

^^ thats what i was thinking..i was a mechanic in the army so i know about doing a parallel with the XP's( just wanted to double check) im looking to try to get just the motor crank on 1, then the acc. and stereo on the XP's
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

i also have a promariner prosport 20..so when im home i plug them in
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)