Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Perfect Pass or not?

I have a dilemma that I need some help with.
    Boat is a 2007 Mobius LSV. Love the boat, bought it new. I used to have an awesome boat captain, then I divorced her a couple of years ago. Now I can't get a good pull to save my life. I seriously haven't had someone pull me as well as her in the 2 years we have been divorced.
    A good friend of mine has no issues driving and is on the boat with us 90% of the time. He's great to have around and a ton of help, not the best at pulling someone though and he won't use the factory Moomba Cruise. In fact, I can't get anyone to understand how to use it correctly.

I want to teach my new girlfriend how to drive, but she's a bit nervous to actually pull someone. It's at the point now where I'm getting frustrated because I can't enjoy my time on the board. I won't even jump the wake anymore because I'm scared the driver will adjust the speed. I was trying to surf yesterday and just stopped because he was all over the place with the speed. He's making too big of adjustments. He was all over the place trying to get the wave to clean up for me and it was a mess. We swap places and I drive, perfect wave. I've got a new surf board that I haven't even been able to toss the rope on because of this.

So I'm at the point of getting a Perfect Pass to help this out. I think with this, it will be easier for people drive the boat and give me a consistent pull since the factory cruise seems to be difficult for the majority. It's a bit frustrating for me, because I always use the cruise and never had an issue understanding it. That's why I'm hesitant to drop $1200 on a perfect pass.

What are your thoughts?

IMO it is worth it. Not only for other drivers of the boat but also for you as the primary driver. I can drive my boat better than anybody else sure, but I REALLY want someone else to be able to drive it too for the reasons you've already mentioned.

Perfect Pass may be a bit confusing at first but once you get the hang of it the first day it is pure satisfaction. Even if someone else doesn't want to learn the menus, you set the speed before you jump in and you're all good. Saved presets for Wake or Surf speed and away you go. The up and down arrows for adjustments couldn't be easier.

My, let's just call her my wife, loves it. Allows her to focus her attention on doing figure 8's and driving towards shallow water instead of wondering why the motor is screaming at 5,000rpms or where I disappeared to.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I say that they are completely worth it. I like to call it "The Marriage Saver". My perfect pass system is super easy to use, but yours may be different; I have an 08 LSV. There is still an art to towing a surfer and wake-boarder with the wake plate and distributing people on the boat for a cleaner wake too. Invest in the time to teach your sidekick the art of towing, and you will be happier for it.
    Boat Macgyver in training.

2008 Mobius LSV "Blue Steel"

Absolutely worth it. I went from not getting a good pull every time out to only getting a bad pull once in a great while. I have taught countless drivers since then and it has made my (the guy making the payments) time much more enjoyable.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Default Perfect Pass or not?

It's expensive but makes it simple. Throttle when I'm ready. Pull it off when I fall. Anyone can drive a boat with that and some common sense.

I will agree. Totally worth the money. And with the Stargazer there is no calibration needed. It took me two years to realize my Perfect Pass speed was off 3 or 4 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoomba View Post
    I will agree. Totally worth the money. And with the Stargazer there is no calibration needed. It took me two years to realize my Perfect Pass speed was off 3 or 4 mph.
    What did you do to calibrate it? I'm curious because I found a potentiometer under my dash that the wires were broken off of. After I wired them back up, I realized that it was the control for my factory speed gauge. Before, it just pegged out at 50, and never moved, even when the boat was turned off. I have only had my boat a few months, and I am still working out the kinks that I was left with. So, when I set my perfect pass to a certain speed, I could turn the dial to have my factory speed gauge read the same.
    Boat Macgyver in training.

2008 Mobius LSV "Blue Steel"

Quote Originally Posted by pickle311 View Post
    Boat is a 2007 Mobius LSV... I used to have an awesome boat captain, then I divorced her a couple of years ago...That's why I'm hesitant to drop $1200 on a perfect pass.

What are your thoughts?
    PP should be stock on all boats...Seriously, get the Stargazer and don't look back. I put one on my '02 and ran it for one season (over 100 hrs) and my new (old) boat, a Tige (shhhh!! don't tell anyone on this forum) has their own system and it is throttle by wire and just doesn't integrate with the PP, I wish it did.

Get it and enjoy.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

I have the digital cruise pro in my new boat and had PP in the old one...wouldn't have a boat without it and I couldn't even imagine doing it with the basic Moomba cruise.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

I have the digital cruise pro as well and I love it. It is very easy to use.

Is the upgrade to the pro version cheaper than PP?
    2015 Supra SE 550