Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I think its worth it, even the upgrade from the Moomba Cruise to the new Moomba Digital is awesome because now i can just raise my hand to motion faster then hold 2 fingers up and my driver knows to speed up .2 mph

Something you can do in the mean time which i found a lot easier on the LSV was get to the speed you want to go. then look at your RPMs and then tell your driver go 3K rpm, doesn't matter how fast they pull you up surfing once they goto 3K the boat will hold it in a straight line and if they turn it will slow down but go back to normal when straight.

Also it works great with wake boarding but in the turns it will slow down.

This can help till you get the PP
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

PP best thing I bought!!!
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Had the basic Moomba Cruise. It was a waste of time. New version may be ok. PP was one of the best improvements i have made to the boat. Stargazer/ GPS version would be nice ,as you don't need to calibrate, but this is simple proceedure using a handheld GPS and at the same time i use it to set the speedo as well.

We mostly waterski so ,proper speeds are important ,but i do find it is a huge advantage to surfing as well. I say Go for it you will be happy and then you also get others to become decent drivers and you benefit from all of the above...
    07 Outback DD

i think something must be wrong with my adjustment knob under the dash, as soon as i just touch my speedo goes crazy and pegs out at 50 mph. i can turn and turn it all day and it makes no difference
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Perfect Pass or not?

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post

My, let's just call her my wife, loves it. Allows her to focus her attention on doing figure 8's and driving towards shallow water instead of wondering why the motor is screaming at 5,000rpms or where I disappeared to.
    Hahaha!!!! My wife does the same but no PP so the speed is constantly fluctuating
    Last edited by z28ke; 06-14-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Can't go wrong with the PP. I came on my boat and has been the one of the best things about it. My wife can pull me (during the week when no one else is on the lake, never on weekends) and the speed is constant. Always perfect.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

One of the main reasons I wanted a new boat was for perfect pass. If I was going to keep my 2000 Supra Launch DD, I was going to add it this year. I went 6 full seasons without it. Luckily, 5 of those were with my wife who is now a pretty good driver. Just got the new boat a couple days ago, and perfect pass has already been worth it's weight in gold. I have the wakeboard pro. Take away the addition of a v-drive, a 6 year newer boat, and everything else I got by upgrading, I would've done it just for the perfect pass!

It was funny, I went wakeboarding last Weds night before I sold my Launch on Thurs, and it was with a new friend on the lake that wasn't well versed driving this type of boat. I kid you not, I couldn't even try anything at all until almost the end of the lake because he was all over the place with speed. He was literally fluctuating between 17 and 30, because he kept trying to watch me ride instead of just driving the boat. So I was thinking right then how nice it was going to be once I had perfect pass, much more actual ride time instead of wasting strength and gas waiting for somebody to keep speed.

Surfing has been great with pp too, but it fluctuates a little depending on weight. I have it set around 10.5, but before i go I check the wake with the people in the boat and dial it in to the right speed where the wake just breaks.

I can tell you thought, as others have on here, if you don't get perfect pass just tell people to hold an rpm while you surf. I always did that while surfing on my Supra, and it worked way better than speed. I would tell them to go to 2200 rpm, and if I say up or down go up or down by 100 rpm.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Can't believe this thread made it two pages deep. Simple, two word, answer.

GET IT.
    past---------------2003 Outback SOLD
    present------------2006 Supra Launch 21V

Ron

Not to complicate things, but . . . what's the difference between PerfectPass and ZeroOff. My Moomba didn't have any speed control, not even the Moomba cruise and not the PerfectPass. I now have Zero Off. It is great, uses GPS to hold the speed to the .1 Is Perfect Pass by paddle wheel and that might be better in conditions with current, or is there some other difference? I'm just wondering if you are buying new which system might you want?

I couldn't be happier with the digital cruise pro. We used it for the first time this past weekend and it was simple to use. We were running in slight chop and kept it within +/- 0.3mph after we got out of turns and ran a straight course. Just make sure its turned 'ON' after your drop the hammer down or else the guy behind you better buckle up!
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5