Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default recent burglery attempt(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I didn't keep up with it and don't remember all the details. If it was as basic as I remember ... he should be in prison.

I wonder if he has any regrets looking back on it.
    Well he is not in prison, the jury said he did the right thing apparently.

I just saw earlier this week some guy in San Antonio I think it was shot and killed a prostitute because she wouldn't sleep with him after he paid her and he got off as well lol.

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    this is a story from the city next to where I live and 2 cities to the east of where I work.

http://www.kxxv.com/story/22566835/v...-home-invasion

Sent from this thing called tapatalk 2
    That is a very sad story. Too bad the guy got away and now he's going to do it again and again and again till someone shoots him. If he comes in my house I feel like I have an obligation to everyone else out there to make sure he never does it again.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thumbs up

figured I'd update y'all with a few pics....
    gun1.jpg
    gun2.jpg
    gun3.jpg
    gun4.jpg
    gun5.jpg
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

Default recent burglery attempt(s)

nice!!

Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

You ever do some proximity alarms around the driveway or corners of the house? Be nice to hear em coming.

Saturday morning mine went off and I shot out of bed and was ready to attack. Turns out my wife had gotten up early to make coffee and went out to throw something in the garbage - located on the same side as the boat parking. It was barely getting light out when I met her at the back door ready to wrap a 9 iron around her head. Didn't even notice she wasn't in the room when I shot up and went charging out...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

that was a close one Berg!

Our proximity alarm is a 10 month old german shepherd/lab
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    You may want to look at a Crimson Trace Laser for your handgun. Yelling and screaming are one thing, but a red dot on your (or your buddy's) chest is something else. Also, 400' is nothing, so the driver gets a little something too.

For $200, it will give you (and your wife) more confidence. For $100, you definately need night sites.

In the end though, if my gun comes out, odds are the bad guy won't ever see the laser.

The Red Dot is a different story for sure. LAser down and they know they are target.

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Y'all all have we're acronyms for these permits. In Texas it is a CHL and they are trying to pass a law to go from a 2 day course to a 1 day course which would save us some money since we are planning on doing it at some point this year. I need to start taking Heidi to the range but its hard since everyday she is off work we try to get in the boat! Me being gone so often with work our new house will have a security system and I'm looking into a tactical 870 for the master bedroom. Gotta get her to shoot that too!

Sent from my iPhone

David, We are about to get ours for sure. It would be nice for a 1 day course.

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    in TX, if a theft is being committed in the hours of darkness deadly force is authorized. we also have what's called the castle doctrine.

basically, deadly force is authorized if you feel your life, or that of a third person, is in imminent danger in your residence or curtlidge of residence. I said that to say this, if you draw your weapon be prepared to use it. sounds like Ryan has had justifiable cause to use deadly force if he choose to. what you should never do is fire a "warning shot".

you are responsible for each shot you fire and must be aware of your "backdrop". if you are authorized to fire a warning shot ( that round could land anywhere) you should/could be able to articulate how you were in fear for you life. because you were in fear for your life, and to protect your life and the lives of your family members, you applied deadly force.

warning shots are ridiculous, dangerous, and should never be taken. you either have the right to shoot the bad guy or you don't. if you don't have the right to shoot the bad guy and you fire off a warning shot you could be charged accordingly

Thankls for the clarification
    Chris H.
    2012 Mojo
    Wake Life

WS420sq,4 Rev8's,JL Amps,2-TypeR 12's,6-Interior Kicker, Green/White LED

Quote Originally Posted by rc5695 View Post
    figured I'd update y'all with a few pics....
    gun1.jpg
    gun2.jpg
    gun3.jpg
    gun4.jpg
    gun5.jpg
    Your wife has a better shooting stance than you. You should lean into the gun, not away from it - it makes managing recoil, better. Also close up you fore aft stance and make your stance wider. Google "weaver" stance as it appears to be the closest to what you're shooting now....the isosceles is a more accurate stance still, but takes time to learn.
    2017 Moomba Craz

I found that a slight bend in my left arm bringing the gun closer helped me not to waver so much. Less of a lever that way.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

weaver stance is tactical and more applicable to what you need for muscle memory. Tripod is good for target shooting for score. Closer to the body is better for retension. Tell you sig. other that her hand placement needs to be in a "push, pull" position and to not "cup" with her left hand. Push with the right, pull with the left.