Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I'm sure you had aong discussion with your wife and the others that have access to the weapons about there potential and how readily they will pass through walls including the long aftermath emotionally and financially after a justifiable shooting.

Don't get me wrong. If someone comes into my house in a manor like you described there going to be taken down but I also know that there is a potential for criminal scrutiny and a even higher, if not guaranteed, civil, wrongful death lawsuit. All of which could go either way but will be a toll. These are all things that need to be taken into consideration.

As for telling the dispatcher something different that what actually is taking place is false reporting, negligent and is a crime.

Additionally the action of a shotgun is the second most reconized sound to Americans. The first is a door bell. I recommend racking it a couple times.

Too weird about this, not the same but stil bizarre in its own right.

Friday my wife wakes me up at 3:30, to investigate a strange noise and bright lights.

Our cottage sits right on the water and has full windows on the lakeside, where the bedrooms are.

So she wakes me to check ou the noise and the bright lights were shining in the second floor windows almost blinding us, thought a UFO or a barge or a plane was going to drive thru the house from the lake. I jump out of bed and look out the bedroom window and there seems to be a 25 ft or older Inboard rumbling along at trolling speeds with four giant flood lights shining along the beach front on the houses. Rubbed my eyes again, I squinted through the lights , no fishing poles, hmmm what's up? He went round the point and the buzz of the motor and the lights dimmed away.

Went back to sleep , thought I was in a weird boating movie dream like cape fear or something

30 minutes later he comes back opposite direction again lighting up the shoreline, like a full fledged police raid, again no fishing poles etc., disappears around the north end.

In the am I thought It was a dream and the wife commented on what the heck was tat boat doing at 3:30 am.

So if the Moomba is gone this weekend , then we know he was casing the beach front..
    Last edited by jmvotto; 06-10-2013 at 08:59 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

That's weird Joe V...

So I did lower the tower back down add shove her back in the garage the other night. Looks like it'll be a few weeks before we get back on the water...tower sure is getting heavy with the speakers and racks...

Cornrickey, yes we've discussed this. An actual shot to harm anyone only comes if somebody's life is in danger. But they (criminals) dont' know that...

Yes, we're investigating the laser sights. It may be illegal to carry though, not sure yet. CWP classes come later this month or next. I'm VERY happy with the CZ and we all LOVE shooting it.
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

Default recent burglery attempt(s)

Cornrickey you make all the sense in the world. Very good response. All firearms owners love to "say" what they'd do if put into a situation that was life threatening and they had there firearm at the ready but it's another thing to actually shoot someone or even fire a warning shot for a justifiable threat. I would get damn well versed on your states laws regarding firearms and discharge and such. A warning shot will land somewhere, you don't know where. A guy in Oregon (a military vet) just got arrested a few weeks ago for firing a warning shot into the ground while some guy tried breaking into his house. Just be smart about your decisions, especially in today's "anti-gun" climate we're unfortunately up against.

Invest in floodlights, a security system with cameras is also a good option. If you haven't created a family plan then sit down and do so with your family.

Hopefully this guy or guys gets caught before anything happens. Scary situation to be in indeed. I've gotten my CCW from FL and UT and when we get settled in SC next month I'm applying for my CFP there as well. My mindset has definitely changed as of late and especially since I have a family now. My wife and I have taken training courses and will be further taking additional concealed carry courses to help with training for scenarios like this and others. You always hope to never have to take that route of using your firearm but one day it just "may" be required.

Hope you put the barrel in that shotty after all this!

Best of luck to you and your family and your safety.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

I shoot in the back yard. We have 5 acres w/ pasture behind us and 2 of my neighbors shoot. I'm not going to 2nd guess my safety in worries of getting in trouble for doing something harmless (wanring shot). Cross that bridge when it comes I guess. much of that seems to be area dependent (state, city, neighborhood, neighbors, etc.) We here in SC like our guns Very pro-gun state. Hardest thing to get here is ammo... (and can only get 2 boxes at a time)

We have lots of lights, but I don't like leaving them on all the time. I need to get the motions detectors working I guess. I just like it to be dark at night when it is supposed to be dark, ya know...

Check the laws, your FL or UT CWP may be valid in SC. It is pretty weak here and not accepted in many other states. I heard in GA now all you need tp do is show that you have a gun and apply. No class or shooting necessary! Scary. 1 day class here in SC, ~ $150 total.

Yes, I had the barrel in a few minutes after they left. If the guy was still behind my detached garage or in my woods, he heard me and heard a couple shells racked

Good idea on the family plan layout. Will work on that.
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

I have a GA Weapons Carry License; at least that is what is says on the license. You do not even need to own a gun in GA to get a license. I paid 67.25 to the probate court and then went to the Sheriffs office to get finger printed, paid 5 bucks for that. 28 days later my permit was in my pocket. My dad applied for his in Clayton County and it took 2 months for him to get his; he had to talk to someone and explain why he wanted a permit. I just paid money and filled out some paper work. I live in Coweta and they get them to you quick. No classes are needed. (Scary) My license is good in several states, can’t remember them all off the top of my head. The only reason we both got ours was the antigun crap going around.
    2015 Supra SE 550

Why would you rack a shotgun, then there is a perfectly good shell laying on the ground and one less round for the bad guy.

I have a CCW in FL, you don't expose your gun. If you do, you should be shooting it. Why shoot a warning shot? If you go to a class on handling weapons, you will never be told to shoot a warning. Do you think the bad guy is going to give you a warning? If things are bad enough to pull out a gun, you are well past warning shots.

Now that you have a gun, the responsible thing to do is routinely go to the range.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

You rack it for the sound. Although I agree with your statements I would not wait to expose my weapon while in my home unless I decided to go hand to hand or if the threat wasn't elevated to that level.

I store long barreled weapons unloaded and hand guns loaded. If I can scare someone off by the sound of a shotgun instead of making his head a canoe I'll do it everytime. Personal preferen

Default recent burglery attempt(s)

Y'all all have we're acronyms for these permits. In Texas it is a CHL and they are trying to pass a law to go from a 2 day course to a 1 day course which would save us some money since we are planning on doing it at some point this year. I need to start taking Heidi to the range but its hard since everyday she is off work we try to get in the boat! Me being gone so often with work our new house will have a security system and I'm looking into a tactical 870 for the master bedroom. Gotta get her to shoot that too!

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

well i probably wont shoot a warning shot..sorry that was my ROE's and training..home life if its night ill shot the man if hes in my house..as long as i dont shot him in the back HA...ill have to look into it more ( my one friend is a sheriff and i have a few cop friends) and see whats go and no go
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)