Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by tgoody14 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys!!! One of my bearings are going out, getting that fixed this afternoon. Then I'll try laying down towels over the seats and dropping the Z5 then strap it down.

Haven't decided on the snap on cover yet, may pack it in the boat just in case we run into rain between here and Bethy Creek.
    Checked my spare.... WTF!!! Somebody hijacked my spare and left me with a 5lug wheel! Trailer has 6 lug wheel...

*looooong sighhhhh ��I would've been pissed if I left here not knowing that and ended up having a flat
    Didja buy the boat used? The seller may have just slapped whatever he had lying around on there.

I bought my '05 this year and had two blowouts last time I towed (2 hrs.) Who carries two spares? Not this guy.
    I now have all new Marathons by Goodyear on the trailer. I sure rest easier towing now.
    2005 Supra 24 SSV
    Lake Lewisville, Lake Leon
    Texas

I just returned from a 1,500 mile round trip adventure. Beforehand I redid the bearings and with fresh oil and seals. Had extras for each hub, all five tires are within one year of manufacture date. The only issue I had was the Oil in one hub turned white after a couple times in the water. I had all the stuff with me to fix it. Had no issues and pulled average speed on the interstate was 78. Early preparation is best.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Default Re: Towing your boat long distance – Do’s and Don’t

Would someone please post a picture of the shrink wrapping they're talking about doing? I am interested in doing that but I'm not exactly sure what your shrink wrapping or how you're doing it.
    2005 Supra 24 SSV
    Lake Lewisville, Lake Leon
    Texas

I don't have any pictures, but used stuff like this left over from moving.
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Pratt-Ret...80SX/203609742

Basically, just tightly wrapped the tower speakers three to four times around. Kept everything tight and then it just cuts off. Also wrapped my Bimini cover as well. Bugs are a pain to get off and this made the five minutes worth it.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Dont forget the obvious. make sure you have a good big jack to actually lift the trailer. Too many people just grab a small wrench and little old jack just to be "prepared" but if they had to actually use it, it either wouldnt work out or would be WAY more difficult and time consuming than if you took the time to get the right stuff.

Oh and have a pair of gloves too so you dont have nasty hands after the job is done.
    2002 mobius LSV
    Lake Minnetonka, MN