So,
I am very pleased with my stereo... (4 Exile SXT65s on Tower with Harpoon, Exile 12" sub with 1500.1) and have a ZLD to install.
In boat i have the factory Kicker speakers and amp...
Here is whats up.. I am on a private lake now.. 1000 acre.. I havent yet been harassed about loud tower speakers... but suspect i will one quiet day out there...
The SXT65's arent meant to be real loud at wake distance... i'm good with that.. They do great.. for what I want..
What i am pondering is beefing up the cockpit to get louder / stronger in boat audio and run the tower less most times.. SO, 2 questions..
1. With the ZLD, if I turn the tower control down how is that affecting the amp? Voltage? Wattage? or is it just lowering the volume post amp? (i am no electrician.. ) My concern is i dont want the Harpoon running wide open with the tower vol turned down...i'd want the harpoon running lighter...

2. Suggestions for cockpit.. My first thought is 6 Exile SX65M and a 800.4.. pretty easy.. i am very pleased with all the exile stuff i have, BUT, I have to ask... how much improvement am i going to get from stock kickers and kicker amp to this setup? midbass improve? highs? strength of volume?

ALSO, GRADY, if you see this.. do you know of a trusted shop in Hattiesburg to do some work? I have my wires run for my ZLD, but want someone of knowledge to do the amp work/connections.. if I do this, i'll probably wait and have the amp swapped and do the ZLD at same time.. ALSO, should I run new speaker wire to these 6 to replace factory wiring?? last boat I replaced any cockpit speakers in had some realllllllly cheap thin wire...

THANKS.. TGIF! Answer this post and then go to the lake this weekend