Results 1 to 10 of 19
Thread: Ballast pump advice?
06-06-2013, 10:53 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
- Monroe, WA
Ballast pump advice?
Hey guys, I'm looking for your experiences on replacing factory GIII ballast pumps for faster fill times. I'm running 1100s front and rear for surfing, and it takes freaking FOREVER to fill the rears and esp. to switch sides which we do multiple times a day. Also my sprinkler valves are sucky and cause airlock issues practically every time out. I've ripped out my manifold and valves, I can't take it anymore.
I've read MANY threads on hear and wakeworld, but there's no clear winner option. So, the options I'm considering are:
1. Keep the big RULE aerator fill pump and drain pump for the front bag. Replace the fill & drains for just the rear bags with
a. Tsunami 800, keep 3/4" hoses, add vented loops
b. Tsunami 1200, keep 3/4" hoses or upgrade to 1", add vented loops
2. Replace the big RULE fill and drain, also do everything else in #1
3. Keep the big RULE aerator fill pump and drain pump for the front bag. Install Johnson reversible for the rear bags
4. Install Johnson reversible for all 3 bags
5. Do #1, and install a Johnson reversible JUST as a transfer pump between the rear bags, effectively doubling the "swap sides" speed.
None of the options are really that cheap when you add up all the component costs, so the diff isn't worth worrying about.
Thoughts? Opinions?2008 Mobius XLV | 325HP | Acme 1235| lots of ballast!