Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Not impressed!!!

So i just got off the phone with my local dealer.... i'm looking for new skins for the sunpad cushions on my 05 LSV. He talked to Skiers and they say "no longer available" what BS!!! so my boat is only 8 years old and i don't have the option to purchase replacements for every part on it? I think this is poor... and just for giggles i called the Malibu dealer and asked them if i could get replacement skins for an 02 Wakesetter VLX... my buddy has one that needs some vinyl work done... they said no prob have it here is 2 weeks!!

Not very impressed with Skiers right now!

Geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Hmmmm. Let's give this some thought. By the time a boat is 8 plus years old you are not usually talking about replacing just one cover here or there. You are usually getting into the age where you need the whole interior re-done. If you price what these things cost there is just no one that is going to order every piece from the dealer instead of just going to a local upholstery shop. I think I understand why they aren't offering these anymore. Then throw in that you have a discontinued model and it makes even more sense.

On the other hand, aren't your sunpad cushions the same as on the 2008 OBV? That's something to check, maybe. Also, you might try MMandley's guy at AWS who seems to be able to find stuff others can't always find. Good luck!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Not impressed!!!

You should contact skiers choice and see if the answer changes. Dealers seem to be hit or miss.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I did contact skiers, I think they only keep 5 years.
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers

MC only carries skins for a few years, to cover warranty. After that, they use a company that produces skins for all boats. While they are built to the same level and are TMed to have the MC logo, they are not made at the factory. Your friend is probably going to get those covers for the Bu.

Do you really want some vinyl that has sat around for 8 yrs in a warehouse? Or do you want new ones made with fresh vinyl. Also, you choose to save $20-30K when buying a Moomba

On a different note, if you are replacing stuff, now you can replace and customize. I really think the basic vinyl of the Moomba line could use some more flash. A few accent colors and some double stitching and it will look great. Just a thought.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Default Not impressed!!!

The Bu dealer knows Chee lol.
    -Jake

Interesting, I replaced vinyls on my seats and didn't even think to go to SC to get them. Mainly, the quality of the fabric (thickness) was in question and I could better vinyl with the same texture and color of fabric for a fraction of what people were paying. Almost all of my skins are replaced and should last a lot longer than the originals.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

im personly going get get some of that carbon fibre looking vinyl in blue for part of my upgrade for the seats..id go custom with mine to bedifferent..but thats just me haha
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    Also, you choose to save $20-30K when buying a Moomba
    this.

I would hate to see the costs for skiers to warehouse all the pieces/parts to satisfy every request that would come along. pretty soon, you have an 80k boat due to ballooning inventory. I have ran into the same issues ordering car parts over the years. oem doesn't make it anymore and you are going to napa to get a non-oem replacement.

I do feel your pain tho. sucks if you only need to replace a single skin, but I would bet you'll have a shop somewhere that can fab something that matches.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

ok, so i posted before drinking coffee this morning... lol sorry everyone. I am disappointed that they don't have the OEM replacements for me though. I agree that i don't want old Vinyl that sits around for years but i thought that Skiers would have an agreement with a company to make them, which would allow me to get the exact right pattern... i want to keep it the same because the rest of the vinyl is pretty good shape but the seams on the swirls are tearing and it looks poor. I am going to go to a company in saskatoon that has a good reputation and take them my old skins... we'll see what happens.

I bought my boat used so i didn't save 20-30K as i had a budget and i could have bought another brand just a little older for the same dollars i put out.

Have a great day everyone!
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!