Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ballast right switch

2008 möbius LSV
    Right rear ballast not working.

I think it is the switch.
    Are they easy to change?

Yes, easy to swap out, but what makes you think it's the switch?

Well Drew when I took the rear cover off, which is underneath the rears seat, there are 3 pumps with Selinoid valves on top of them, one for the right fatsack fill, one for the center fatsack fill and one for the left fat sack fill.
    Since the right was not working I unplugged the center wiring (which has a plug in to the center selinoid) and plugged this in to the right silinoid and when I flipped the center switch to fill, the right side worked. So I know it is not the pumps.
    What else could it be?

Is there any sort of fuse that I should check? If so where might this fuse be?
    Last edited by kerryoneal; 06-09-2013 at 11:15 PM.

That's a good start. Those style pumps with the irrigation valves can get gummed up, etc and sometimes it's the pump or the solenoid but I haven't heard of many switches burning out. Have you tried it by jumping/ bypassing the switch under the helm?

No. How wyd I go about doing that?

Hopefully this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am not understanding what I should do?

when you turn on the fill switch does the pump? if so the switch works if not there is a fuse under the helm for the ballast control for the fill and drain sides.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by kerryoneal View Post
    Well Drew when I took the rear cover off, which is underneath the rears seat, there are 3 pumps with Selinoid valves on top of them, one for the right fatsack fill, one for the center fatsack fill and one for the left fat sack fill.
    Since the right was not working I unplugged the center wiring (which has a plug in to the center selinoid) and plugged this in to the right silinoid and when I flipped the center switch to fill, the right side worked. So I know it is not the pumps.
    What else could it be?

Is there any sort of fuse that I should check? If so where might this fuse be?
    So you used the center switch to control the right pump/solenoid. Did you use the right switch to control the known ro work center pump/solenoid? The switch may not have its B+, therefore it will not work. Do the lights come on in either the fill or drain position? Does the drain pump work?

A 12V test light or volt meter will tell you if the switch has its B+ and is working.

Joe when I turn on the right side switch the red lights come on but it it does fill or it does not pump. Only the right side is not working. Is there a fuse for only the right side?