Thread: Perfect Pass

Default Perfect Pass

I am planning on buying Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro for my boat... The first boat accessory my wife is actually somewhat excited about! LOL

My question is this: has anynoe installed it on an older V-Drive? I have a 2000 Moomba Kamberra. From what i have read I imagine I have the conventional cable system and not hte drive by wire....

Is this is simple operation?

also - I can't seem to find too many sellers of Perfect Pass. Is it cheapest to order directly from the PP site? or are the dealer prices similar?

Thanks guys!
    Nate

I installed mine in my 2001 Outback, and it was fairly simple. Most of the connections just plug right in. The only tough part was drilling the hole in the bottom of the boat for the new padllewheel. I ordered mine directly from PerfectPass as I couldn't find it any cheaper either, and they will make sure you get the right parts for you application. It is alos nice to be able to call them directly with any questions you might have.

Sled491 Guest

I've also heard that direct from PP is the best. Got to love that drilling holes in the boat thing hey, especially in the bottom

onlyinboards.com gave me a better price than direct. He was very helpful with a mistake in which unit was sent to me as well (customs is a PITA).

The install has been ok. I dont know engines well and I'm not having any trouble (other than they sent the wrong part for the throttle cable...)

I've also heard good things about buying through OnlyInboards (http://www.onlyinboards.com/perfect-pass.html). I just got a quote from them that seemed very competitive.
    07 Supra 21v

There is also zeroff, although I don't know what model boats they support.

no paddle required there, just GPS puck.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

I installed mine on my first 04 Outback. Fishing the line past the pylon was tough. Finally tied yard to a plumbers snake at one end and the PP cable to the other end of the excess yarn. Pushed as far as I could toward the bulkhead opening an vacuumed the yarn through. Then I simply pulled it through. Im not sure how much more of an opening there is in a V dirve floor. Perhaps it will be easier. Fortunately I already had a paddle wheel. Cant say for sure how that would have gone.
    I mess with Texas

zero off not ready for moomba yet... they have not made the interfaces for it..

BW
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold