Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Issue with wakeplate

Ahh ok. I was thinking of some electronic piece. Didn't realize the ram itself was electronic. Now I understand! Pardon the ignorance it's been a long week already!
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

mike, i thought one the newer units the plate drops when you slow down to help you get back on plain and then resumes the previous setting once the speed control gets to speed??
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    mike, i thought one the newer units the plate drops when you slow down to help you get back on plain and then resumes the previous setting once the speed control gets to speed??
    Only on the Supra boats, i was hoping this was the issue with mine and i just wasnt aware but after talking to the dealer and some others the Moomba wake plates are still set it and forget it.

Supra does lower it when you come off plane and raises back to your setting after you throttle up.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    No the wake really is dropping somehow, we noticed it on the goofy wave first because it would be all washed out and then i noticed the plate was down.

Last time we were out it did it on the regular side too. I'm thinking its more the switch and the steering having an issue.
    Mike, same issues here.

I set the plate, pull the surfer, surfer falls, idle back, start surfing and the plate has moved. Strange.

Wonder if it some kind of program feature???, the wires for the wakeplate run into the control unit if I remember correctly that is for the ballast timers.
    Last edited by moombadaze; 06-05-2013 at 06:41 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Only on the Supra boats, i was hoping this was the issue with mine and i just wasnt aware but after talking to the dealer and some others the Moomba wake plates are still set it and forget it.

Supra does lower it when you come off plane and raises back to your setting after you throttle up.

from what you just described it sounds like the Supra is set it and forget it, the Moomba is set it and remember it
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    from what you just described it sounds like the Supra is set it and forget it, the Moomba is set it and remember it
    maybe, all depends how you look at it, When i was in Bradds Supra i checked it every pull to make sure it was back in its position because i knew it moved.

In the LSV i set it and never looked again till i wanted to adjust it, so it all depends how you want to look at the situation
    [COLOR="#696969"]

AWS called me today and said SC wants to warrenty the PDM module, I guess this is something that controls the wake plate. We will see if it fixes the problem, ill have to find out when they can fix it.

Maybe i can get my intermitant Check Engine Light to come on for them LOL. It works all day when i have the boat but never works when they have it LOL
    [COLOR="#696969"]