Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Issue with wakeplate

Ran into an issue yesterday. We'd been on the boat for about an hour or two, and had been surfing for probably an hour or less at this point. The wakeplate would not go up, only down (to the normal cruising position). I did a brief search on here and tried jiggling wires on the lever, looked for a blown fuse, etc, and came up with nothing. Had a boat full of people, so went back to just enjoying the day.

Fast forward to when we were getting ready to go home. Drained everything, and tried the wakeplate again and it worked normally.

My initial thought process (I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet, got home after dark and washed the boat and that was it) is that there is a fluid reservoir for the hydraulics that may need fluid. Possibly due to listing to surf it was low enough that the rams wouldn't engage to move it to the up position? Anyone have any thoughts as to what I should look for? Heading home in a few hours and will begin the search.
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

There is a Fluid reservoir. Mine on my 03' LSV was next to the ski pole on my V-drive on the left side if your looking in from the platform. Hope this help

'10 is an electric actuator. Mine started acting up, intermittently working... had to replace it. I took the old one apart and water had got into it. Uses 2 wires, reverses polarity to make it extend and retract.

So if mine is an electric actuator, is there anything I can "test" to see if it's going bad?

ive been having issues with my Mojo plate its electric as well and it will just randomly go down on its own. Normally happens when we slow down after surfing and someone falls
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by TL7 View Post
    So if mine is an electric actuator, is there anything I can "test" to see if it's going bad?
    The dealership replaced mine, but took the old one home. I took the lead wires to a battery, sometimes it would work and not. The tore into and found water had got in there.

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    ive been having issues with my Mojo plate its electric as well and it will just randomly go down on its own. Normally happens when we slow down after surfing and someone falls
    Is the really the Wplate changing OR are you going by the gauge says? I am having a similar issue but it seems to be the gauge jumping around.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    Is the really the Wplate changing OR are you going by the gauge says? I am having a similar issue but it seems to be the gauge jumping around.
    No the wake really is dropping somehow, we noticed it on the goofy wave first because it would be all washed out and then i noticed the plate was down.

Last time we were out it did it on the regular side too. I'm thinking its more the switch and the steering having an issue.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Where is the actuator located? Is it right inside the transom near the rams themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by TL7 View Post
    Where is the actuator located? Is it right inside the transom near the rams themselves?
    The actuator is the part that moves the plate. On my '10 there was only 1 actuator.
    Capture.JPG
    Last edited by mcdye; 06-05-2013 at 02:00 PM.