Default System for my Bus/camper

Sorry this is not boat related but you guys seam to know a lot of about stereo's.

I am wanting to install a good system in my bus that will play the stereo going down the road but also hook into the tv for movies and so on.

I would like my budget to be under $1500 on the stereo build.

Here is my stereo layout I am starting with witch is over my budget. I have a friend that works at a stereo shop and this is what he came up with. I do not know how good he is. I am hoping you guys will try to help me to the best options.

bus stereo.pdf

Alpine head unit CDEHD149
    This is Bluetooth compatible and has a rear 3.5 jack and usb port. (the rear 3.5 I can take the sound from the TV and play on the radio speakers and keep cord hidden)
    3 sets of alpine or Kenwood 6 ½ round speakers in the front cabin as shown in diagram.
    Then put a set of 6x9 Kenwood or alpine in speaker boxes in the toy box that can be also be remove and connected outside. (I would parallel a set of speaker’s cables with speaker jacks so I can move them back and forth.)
    Then a 15” sub down firing the selection was JL Audio jl 15WOv3/4
    Sub amp JL Audio XD6001
    Speaker amp JL Audio XD800/8v2 8 channel 100w per channel

This is right at $2400 for everything from the stereo shop.
    If I order everything from amazon I would be at $1800.

My other thought was the following
    The same head unit.
    Rockford R400-4d bridged to 2 channel at 200watts or a r600-4d bridged
    Wet Sounds Icon 8 Tower speaker (build a set of magnet mounts) (or a set of exile sxt9q)
    These could be mounted on the inside or outside of bus.

My question here If I would use a tower speaker I would be replacing 6 speakers in the cabin area. how do you guys think this would sound or are the speakers really made to be outside?

I would be around $1069.00 to $1500.00 plus the following for a sub
    Same JL sub 189.00
    And Rockford R750-1d 210.00

These prices are not including wiring and sub box. I figure that something I can do.
    also while I have the wire ways apart on the bus I might add some extra sets of speaker wire in any area I might want to add something.

thanks

Jonathan
    2007 supra 21v

Quote Originally Posted by wolff supra21v View Post
    Sorry this is not boat related but you guys seam to know a lot of about stereo's.

I am wanting to install a good system in my bus that will play the stereo going down the road but also hook into the tv for movies and so on.

I would like my budget to be under $1500 on the stereo build.

Here is my stereo layout I am starting with witch is over my budget. I have a friend that works at a stereo shop and this is what he came up with. I do not know how good he is. I am hoping you guys will try to help me to the best options.

bus stereo.pdf

Alpine head unit CDEHD149
    This is Bluetooth compatible and has a rear 3.5 jack and usb port. (the rear 3.5 I can take the sound from the TV and play on the radio speakers and keep cord hidden)
    3 sets of alpine or Kenwood 6 ½ round speakers in the front cabin as shown in diagram.
    Then put a set of 6x9 Kenwood or alpine in speaker boxes in the toy box that can be also be remove and connected outside. (I would parallel a set of speaker’s cables with speaker jacks so I can move them back and forth.)
    Then a 15” sub down firing the selection was JL Audio jl 15WOv3/4
    Sub amp JL Audio XD6001
    Speaker amp JL Audio XD800/8v2 8 channel 100w per channel

This is right at $2400 for everything from the stereo shop.
    If I order everything from amazon I would be at $1800.

My other thought was the following
    The same head unit.
    Rockford R400-4d bridged to 2 channel at 200watts or a r600-4d bridged
    Wet Sounds Icon 8 Tower speaker (build a set of magnet mounts) (or a set of exile sxt9q)
    These could be mounted on the inside or outside of bus.

My question here If I would use a tower speaker I would be replacing 6 speakers in the cabin area. how do you guys think this would sound or are the speakers really made to be outside?

I would be around $1069.00 to $1500.00 plus the following for a sub
    Same JL sub 189.00
    And Rockford R750-1d 210.00

These prices are not including wiring and sub box. I figure that something I can do.
    also while I have the wire ways apart on the bus I might add some extra sets of speaker wire in any area I might want to add something.

thanks

Jonathan
    Good system Jonathon.
    Just make certain that you have enough power to the Wetsounds Icon8s. I would recommend four channels bridged into two.
    Don't buy Wetsounds or JL Audio from Amazon because you will have no warranty and there is always a question of product origin when not buying from an authorized dealer. Also, if you want the continued support from your installing dealer then buy the equipment from him. Dealer pricing will vary, but typically you can come within 10% of Amazon pricing from your authorized dealer, maintain the factory warranty and long term service support. Also, when buying from a legit JL Audio dealer and having him install the gear, you will get a 2-year warranty that can be expanded to 3-years under certain conditions.
    And, there are less expensive JL Audio electronics options such as a different JX Class D sub amplifier.

Jonathon - If you decide to go the SXT9 route, hit me up and I'll get you the flat mounts for the speakers. We've been seeing many RV'rs ask about taking their Exile speakers off their boats and mount them on the side of an RV or garage for that matter. It's pretty painless to do.

I wouldn't be worried about buying anything from Amazon in this day and age. Exile and WS are sold direct on amazon with factory approvals. I do think its a good idea to buy from a local shop if your going to have them install the gear.