Hybrid View

Default 2013 Outback V auto Bilge question

Hi there, I have a new 2013 Outback V (I love it!!!!), I have it on a boat lift out of the water when I'm not using it and have factory cover on, but the other week when I went in it I noticed it had quite a bit of water in the bottom when I did my standard engine check when jumping in the boat. We had lots of rain that week, but I thought that even when I had the bilge turned off (on off position with no light lit up), that it was auto on as needed???

I have it covered with factory cover but still got lots of water in it. I'm just wondering how I get the auto bilge to stay on, (or is there even an auto bilge??). I was told during demo when it was delivered that when it is in off position, that auto bilge is still on, but with the amount of water I had in it, there's no way it was kicking in...

Any insight appreciated!!

More q's will be on the way as I'm new to the Moomba family. So far it's an amazing family boat!!

Check your float switch connected to the bilge pump. It should kick the pump on when you lift up on it. Make sure it moves freely and turns the pump on.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

IDK how much water you have in there, but i tend to have water in the bilge quite a bit and it will get a decent amount before it pumps out. I can turn the pump on and it will pump it out before the float kicks it in to.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Hey there mmandley, it could be I'm overly paranoid new boat owner and the bilge was working and it just seems like more is in there than I thought... It seemed like quite a bit, but that could be the norm...

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    Hey there mmandley, it could be I'm overly paranoid new boat owner and the bilge was working and it just seems like more is in there than I thought... It seemed like quite a bit, but that could be the norm...
    I understand you paranoia i would feel the same leaving the boat out in a lift.

On the Switch mine only has the Even setting to match all the others, this is called Auto bilge, then i can click it UP to the ON position.

Even at the end of the day, i can hit the bilge and pump out all the water, while its on the trailer but when i drive up the road leaving the lake it will kick in again showing it has a lot of water left, i assume this is from the nose of the boat and who knows where else LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks for heads up! I'll check it out next weekend when I'm back at lake. So it does auto bilge even when turned off I take it then right...

Just a thought- do you turn off a main battery disconnect or breaker? If so, obviously that would cut power to the bilge pump, regardless of whether the pump is auto or not.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    Just a thought- do you turn off a main battery disconnect or breaker? If so, obviously that would cut power to the bilge pump, regardless of whether the pump is auto or not.
    Hey there highrider, i leave all power on... My switch is like mmandley's I think where it has 2 positions, up for on (light is red) and down for off (auto). It's not a 3 way button (up, middle, and down), it's only 2 way, on or off...

Gotcha, my 08 bilge switch is like yours as well. I only trailer my boat so I leave the power off all the time, so I just thought I would mention it.
    I know that I can get water out by manually turning the bilge on quite a bit before the auto kicks on, too. Do you notice the auto mode work at all while you are using the boat?
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro