Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by pickle311 View Post
    The key is to strengthen your core. When that is weak, you compensate with other muscle groups which fatigue them much faster.
    I do a lot of strength training and lifting. It has helped me out tons with wakeboarding, just need to up my cardio a bit.
    I dont do any of my workouts for water sports unfortunately, but i doa ton of Core workout stuff to help protect my back due to i have injured it soo much.
    When i get the chance to hit the gym i do the crunch machine, add 160lbs to it and crunch it for 5 sets at 30 reps a set and the last i go till im dead tired
    Then i do the back press at 200lbs same reps,
    Front row at 160 same reps
    Chest Press at 200 same reps
    Finish it off with curls

I use the cardio bike a lot burning calories and my office at work is on the 4th floor, i make that climb normally 7-10times a day plus the 5 miles of walking at work, and if i go into the Acid Waste Pit its another 5 stories of stairs down, thats only a couple times a day maybe if its a bad day LOL

I fall short with eating bad things and beer LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I hear ya on the beer thing man. I love a good tasty beer, not usually a light beer. I like dark / Bavarian style beers which are usually 200 calories each. I have a few friends that go to the cross fit gyms and they are in amazing shape.

The biggest thing that I have noticed is my legs go to hell after a few sets and I loose all pop. When I either come into the wake or land (worse in the flats) my legs fold like a wet deck of cards when I get tired. Last weekend I had probably the best weekend of wakeboarding yet. I got the most pop I have ever gotten in my life but felt my strength go really fast after a good hard set. I am just looking to extend my time on the water.

I need a good group of people to get out on the lake with a few more times a week. Its hard to find people that like to get out a lot, everyone has work and family.

Time to bump this one back up since I've been told spring will be coming....My mid section is about as firm as a piece of rotting fruit and it's time to make a change for summer. I've been cranking it out on the eliptical for a while and I just started the T25 workout discs tonight. I did the P90x in the past and it worked, but then lost interest mainly due to the longer work out sessions. I like the intensity of T25 and shorter workout times, with any luck I will be the shirtless man whore all summer!
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

Get access to a gym.....Deadlift, Overhead Squat, Row, Pullups, Farmers Walk and Standing Press (compound movements for strength) should be your main exercises. Do some HIIT twice a week. Once you master those - add in lunges, planks, jumps, curls and dips (for the beach muscles) Start now and you should be good by memorial day

If you want some fast results try to find a CERTIFIED cross-fit instructer,I use to go to the gym for hours now Im in and out in less than an hour and crawling out when were done been doing it now for 6 weeks and have lost 5% of body fat in that time,its not for everbody every newbie that has came in blows chunks half way thru. lol
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by tater View Post
    If you want some fast results try to find a CERTIFIED cross-fit instructer,I use to go to the gym for hours now Im in and out in less than an hour and crawling out when were done been doing it now for 6 weeks and have lost 5% of body fat in that time,its not for everbody every newbie that has came in blows chunks half way thru. lol
    Another vote here for cross fit. I've been going for almost two years and with the workouts I have become a lot stronger and leaner. This has definitely helped with surfing, wake boarding, and snowboarding. It isn't for everyone though, and you only get out of it what you put in to it.

I would love to try cross fit....But, I'm on the road 3-4 days a week and it's just not practical for me. I need a workout that I can knock out in hotels and keep it going when I get home.
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

Quote Originally Posted by Boatdrinks797 View Post
    I would love to try cross fit....But, I'm on the road 3-4 days a week and it's just not practical for me. I need a workout that I can knock out in hotels and keep it going when I get home.
    There are quite a bit of crossfit exercises that you could do in your hotel room, Air squats,Burbees,Sit ups,lunges,more push-ups I understand that the last thing you want to do heading to the hotel at night,but something is better than nothing,The burbees alone will kick your arse if you push yourself.
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim

Push yourself on the cardio and abs. Do a couple of P90Xs for reference/ideas

One thing that I added last year and have noticed a big difference was;
    Find an adjustable cable pull machine, place the pivot pulley up about head height, use some kind of T-handle and do standing chest pulls.

Stand like you stand on your board, I do sets of thirty to get the stamina up, hold your core and bend your knees slightly while doing them. I do these as part of my standing upper body routine (curls, tris etc) and each time through I switch which leg I put up front.

Hope this makes sense. Basically I try to mimic my wakeboard stance as much as possible. This has helped a lot for me and I am OLD!
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.