Default Do you leave your boat in the water?

I'm having some hoist issues. Right now I have a busted pulley and a frayed lift cable on my shorestation. I really hate this lift.

I've had my boat just tied up in my hoist, floating, for about 4 or 5 days now. I used to rent a slip at my old condo for my Supra, but I've always hated leaving my boat in the water. It's paint was pretty faded on the bottom, and no matter what I did I never could really get the hull completely clean from all the water stains.

What are your feelings toward this? I am thinking about pulling it out for a few days, but it will obviously be in like this Thursday through the entire weekend for the 4th! I almost want to pull it out of the water every day I use it, but I figured maybe a week or two wouldn't hurt...
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

me being in NY i dont want to.. it leaves a nasty water line on the hull and we have zebra muscles. so im afraid that my prop and other stuff on the bottom will be covered in them...pluss thats more cleaning i have to do
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

NOPE!!!! I don't
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

I have a Shorestation too. I got one before I put mine in the water. Our lake has high iron content, and just fro using it during the day and then keeping it out when not in use I still get stains. Not a problem though, the good old ZIP cleaner takes care of the stains at the end of the season. My biggest fear is blistering of the fibreglass. I've seen a bunch of ski boasts with horrendous blistering as owners are either too cheap to buy a lift or too lazy to take it out when they're not using it.
    2017 Moomba Craz

Yeah I've left it in now for about a week, hoping I'd have the lift figured out by now. I don't think that short of time will hurt, but I'm going to pull it out after work today because I don't plan on using the boat until Thursday anyway, and I am going to lift the bed up and strap it to my roof so that I don't have to go scuba diving to change out the lift cable. I ordered all 4 new sheaves and a new lift cable for my shorestation. I just recently replaced the hoist cable and one sheave, but the others are just old so another one broke. Now I get the fun job of tearing apart that winch tube again, what a pain that is to put back together!
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

It'll be fine, there's already a scum line on it you might as well leave it in the water and clean once and be done..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

nope, nope, nopety nope!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's