Coming from a 305 I/O that required pumping oil out the dipstick tube so forgive the ignorance...

Went to change the oil in my 2000 Outback LS tonight and before even looking, I grabbed the oil sucker. I pumped out into a clear 1/2 gallon container which of course wasn't big enough. It filled it once and I drained it, came back to pump more and only about another quart came out until it was sucking air. I checked the oil before I began and it was in the safe zone on the stick. I also ran it on the fake-a-lake to warm the oil up. I decided I would try to take the plug out of the pan and put a thin catch pan under it and that's when I realized it has a remote drain line! I was wondering what that hose was end of last year when I bought the boat, never traced it backwards. Question is, after taking the cap off the end of the remote line and sticking it through the bilge drain to an awaiting pan, is there a valve on the elbow near the oil pan that needs to be opened before anything will flow? It has a 1/4" allen head setscrew in it but it's TIGHT - read, zero movement. I was expecting about 2 more quarts out of the motor and when I was routing the remote hose through the bilge, no oil was attempting to come out. Any thoughts?