Thread: Fat sac help...

Default Fat sac help...

So my parts came in to make my factory 400lb rear bags into throw around the boat bags. I was plannin on using one for where I removed the cooler and one on the floor in the bow. I finally got time to get out on the water for some surfing today and tried unscrewing the factory caps off to put the tsunami pump connector caps on, but apparently I was too weak. I then tossed the bag over to my buddy who was also to weak. We got to looking at these caps and it looks like somebody applied a little locktite or some rubber cement around the threads to keep is from coming undone.... I was shocked!! Soooo how do I break this stuff free so I can use these bags as planned. I don't really wanna buy any more bags... HELP!!! And we definitely need weight upfront cuz I couldn't let go of the rope while surfing with just the 1100 in the surf side...
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Default Re: Fat sac help...

.......heat
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Hair dryer for four minutes on the thread area, then some channel locks to unscrew or pop out.

Here is a similar video fom wakemakers to remove glued in fittings, it works I did a bunch f my factory bags this way.

http://media.wakemakers.com/2012/02/...high-fittings/
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default Re: Fat sac help...

Quote Originally Posted by tgoody14 View Post
    So my parts came in to make my factory 400lb rear bags into throw around the boat bags. I was plannin on using one for where I removed the cooler and one on the floor in the bow. I finally got time to get out on the water for some surfing today and tried unscrewing the factory caps off to put the tsunami pump connector caps on, but apparently I was too weak. I then tossed the bag over to my buddy who was also to weak. We got to looking at these caps and it looks like somebody applied a little locktite or some rubber cement around the threads to keep is from coming undone.... I was shocked!! Soooo how do I break this stuff free so I can use these bags as planned. I don't really wanna buy any more bags... HELP!!! And we definitely need weight upfront cuz I couldn't let go of the rope while surfing with just the 1100 in the surf side...
    Hey could someone explain to me how he would do this with a tsunami pump? Throw the pump in the water and hook it to some sort of battery?
    2009 moomba Mobius lsv

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-tsunami-pump.html

Yes, plug in to 12 v dc and place pump over side, the electronics must be sealed like a bilge pump oe well pump.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default Fat sac help...

Thanks guys, bout to try the heat right now!

And yes the tsunami pump is a throw it over the side type pump that plugs into a cigarette lighter. Then just reverse the pump to the bag and throw the tube over the side to drain!
    2008 LSV Blue on White

If your planning on putting the 400 bag under the seats where the cooler used to be, make sure you add an L bracket or two from the side panel to the floor for bracing,.

I didn't do that and it pushed the panel out when the bag and people sat there. You can look in the storage and see how the factory braced it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Fat sac help...

You're talking about the side panel, like if someone were to be sitting on top of the cooler facing the middle of the boat their heels would be hitting the panel that I need to brace from the inside!?
    2008 LSV Blue on White