Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

certainly don't want to rain on boatmate's parade, but there are a lot of custom trailer manuf. out there and I would bet everyone has a somewhat local shop that can modify a trailer. might be cheaper to check one of them out to see about converting an existing trailer to dual axle and a new paint job to boot.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

i know it would be over kill but you already have one axle that is higher rating so why can't they put a second one on and just space out the old one you have no ... so you'd only be buying one heavy duty axle and the labor. then you would really have a beefy trailer or am i missing something?
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

There was another thread in that topic and someone priced out adding an axle at $2500 plus labor

Also, from what I was told if you just put another axle under and the trailer is rated for a lot more then the boat the. You could do damage to the boat hull. Basically as you hit bumps the trailer would not absorb any of the shock.
    2006 Mobius LSV

I just built a brand new trailer for my Moomba Boomerang. Tandem Axle with brakes on one axle. Built it long enough so that the entire boat is on the trailer from the platform forward. I did all the work myself except building the axles (I have a supplier). All LED lighting, trailer exceeds all requirements for lighting. All the wiring is soldered and shrink wrapped for very low maintenance. Made it with a removable tongue for security and to fit it in the garage. It took me about 2 weeks start to finish. Steps on sides of the trailer for ease of trailer work. I also made it so the axles can be moved forward and back to achieve perfect balance. If anyone has any questions about the build or would like to see pictures of it or the build let me know and I would love to share them with you.

Brian

Default WTB or WTT Tandem Axle Trailer

Yeah, I want to see pics! Movable axles?

I'm not as ambitious as you, but really do want to see what you've done.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Yeah, I want to see pics! Movable axles?

I'm not as ambitious as you, but really do want to see what you've done.
    Ok here is what I did The frame of the trailer was built with 2x3x.125 tubing. Instead of welding the spring hangers to the frame I bolted 2x2 angle to the tubing, and welded the hangars to it, the angle was 10ft long and also incorporate the steps for standing on Anyways the angle can be moved forward and backwards with the unbolting of the angle and redrilling the holes. I can't seem to post pics up here for some reason but I can email them to someone that can. Let me know.

Brian

OK, Brian sent me a bunch of pics of his trailer build. I am going to post them in a separate thread. I'll put a link below as soon as I get them up.

OK, you can see it here:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....r-Build-Thread
    Last edited by kaneboats; 06-17-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thought about axle failure when pulling the boat out to the launch for the season. I put 100 miles a year on the trailer just taking it in to town for service appointments(on lift whole season). Seems like boatmate/sc could allow a tandem axle deal for those of us that purchased a new Moomba with a poorly performing single axle back in 2008. I see yearround was latest victim today of the dreaded 2008 single axle boatmate trailer. Good luck with the repair brother.

This has been a known issue for a few years now.
    2008 LS

i have a 2008 as well and i'm dreading if and when this is gonna happen to me can someone tell me what to look for to prevent farther damage or you wait till it happens and any damage to boat?
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664