Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I was pretty shocked that my 06 Mobius LSV was on a single axle trailer. My 2000 Lauch was on a double and that was 400lbs lighter dry! These must be like 5000lb axles lol! I know the boat's only 3300, but still even 4000lb axle would be cutting it close with gas and gear.

Is it really that dangerous to be pulling my boat on a single? I picked it up in Indy and drove back to Michigan no problem. I mean the trailer almost looks overloaded to the eye, but still I find it hard to believe that Moomba/Boatmate would put new boat buyers in a dangerous situation (knowingly), unless there was just a run of trailers with a defect or something. I heard somebody mention 2008, is it limited to boats from that year or is it just Boatmate single axles in general? I see some pretty big boats from other brands on single axles (like Malibu, Supra 20SSV, big I/Os).

Anyway, my point to all of this is my neighbor's son bought a 2005 SAN, and it was on a Supra Boatmate double axle trailer (looks like late 90s/early 2000s, blue in color, looks exactly like my 2000 Launch trailer except fenders aren't painted). He bought a trailer specific for his Nautique, so now this boatmate is sitting next door to me and he wants to sell it. Should I really consider buying it? I bet I could sell mine for as much as it would cost to buy his.

If any of you guys are interested in it, just PM me your name and cell number and I'll get you in touch with him (as long as I don't buy it lol!). We're located a little north of Detroit.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

I talked to him today, he's asking $2500 or best offer. PM me if you want me to give him your contact info. I really don't think I'm going to buy it, I like my matching orange trailer, I live on a lake so rarely trailer, and it's a lot easier to move the single axle around (I use my golf cart lol).

I have a friend on the Supra forum that wants to trade a dual axle for a single axle! I would Be happy to ask him - he is on lake Lanier...
    rileyk
    2013 Mobius LSV
    Exile XM 9 tower speakers

I don't think it is the single axle specifically is the issue from what I see, it seems to be more of a torsion axle issue. The torsion axle seems to be an optional upgrade from the leaf springs. I wonder if there is a way to swap the torsion axles out for leaf springs? I also wonder what the benefit is supposed to be to justify the torsion upgrade, (and how much it costs)?

I don't worry about towing my boat with a single. I tow about 50 to 60 miles round trip each time I go to the lake. I go at least once a week, sometimes twice a week during the season, so that works out to about 2000-2500 miles a year. I'm on my eight season, and I am the second owner, and I have also taken a handful of long trips with the boat. So I am going to guess that my boat has somewhere in the 20 to 25k miles on it, and I have had very little trouble with it. (Single axle leaf spring). I just noticed last week that one of my bearing seals has failed. I did replace the actuator last year, and my safety cables broke. All in all not to bad for a 12 year old trailer that gets that much use. My boat is an Outback, so it is not quite as heavy as the bigger v-drives.