Default Looking to upgrade from a HL Broadcast...

I am looking for some board suggestions to upgrade from my Broadcast. Its been a good board to learn on but I want to get something better... Unfortunately there isnt any demo options around me so I am kind of lost as to which direction to go... I am 6'5 220 and have a 2008 LSV with 1100s and the IBS so my wave is pretty good. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    2008 LSV 1100s 650IBS Reversible Pumps w\Timers

I just upgraded from a hl broadcast to a phase 5 danielo diamond. Loving it so far, skim style board. Ive only been surfing for a month or so but got the p5 last week and am enjoying the loose feel when free riding. Im 5'8 180 with a 09 lsv stock ballast

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    2009 moomba Mobius lsv

Phase 5 Model X is a nice board that would fit you well. 3 fin configuration to let you try different setups. They call is a hybrid as it has some skim & some surf characteristics. Triple X Nitro/Slayer, Inland Surfer Red Rocket or go custom with a Soulcraft, Walker or Doomswell surf style board.

Thanks Drew... So you are thinking a surf style or hybrid is the way to go given my size, wave, and current board?... Is the Broadcast a hybrid type board? I want to be able to generate more speed and pop up off the face of the wave... I appreciate the advice and insight...

i'd go surf style if you are wanting to get off the face. xxx makes some solid entry surf style boards that won't break the bank. try that for a few months, then use it as a learner board and pop for a custom from soulcraft.. etc...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    i'd go surf style if you are wanting to get off the face. xxx makes some solid entry surf style boards that won't break the bank. try that for a few months, then use it as a learner board and pop for a custom from soulcraft.. etc...
    Yup my thoughts exactly.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

What do you guys think about the Triple X Slayer Pro X? Would that work for me? What size?

Go with the 5' for sure if you do. Rode a Triple X, either Slayer or Slasher, last summer and it was a lot of fun, easy to ride, felt fast to me. I should have been trying for more airs on it instead of 360s.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...