Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Test

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    Mostly all we do is wakeboard on my Moomba. I am disappointed there isn't more threads on this. I'm riding a 144 Ronix Ibex, just widened my bindings to set me up for newer tricks. Got to get used to the pop though.
    How do you like the 144? I rode a One 142, then a 146 for a season each before going flex.

I'm with Berg, I mostly crash.

Maybe that should be a new song, a Fat Joe remix:

"I'm not a rider, I just crash a lot!"

Actually, I am getting a little bit better this year, I finally learned the secret to getting good pop on my wake jumps! And since I love you guys, I will share it with y'all!

What is working for me is to not ride up the wake, but pretend like its not even there. Ride straight at it, like I am trying to cut through it, and keep my weight even on both feet. BAM! Crazy pop! Crazy air!

Now I will let you guys know when I figure out the secret to landing these jumps! Baby steps, right?

i think one of my problems like said before..work on my wake..then also work on my pop..i think i got a good pop once and it threw me off..but it felt good to get that much air haha
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoomba View Post

What is working for me is to not ride up the wake, but pretend like its not even there. Ride straight at it, like I am trying to cut through it, and keep my weight even on both feet. BAM! Crazy pop! Crazy air!
    That reminds me, I need to start watching and memorizing this video again.

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Actually started this thread toying around because of problems with finding the newest thread at the top of this section is not working. Or not saving settings when you adjust the sort order.
    Can you do what ever you did to fix this section in the Moomba Owners Section?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    How do you like the 144? I rode a One 142, then a 146 for a season each before going flex.
    I like it. Im 6'4 so a bigger board is helpful. I sometimes wonder if a smaller board would help on spins.
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Yeah, moto, when I get really good pop, it startles me. A third of the time, I panic and crash; another third I lose the handle on a sloppy landing; and the other third I pull out a decent landing.

Also, a big wake is only required for big tricks! I can go W2W easily with no ballast in my boat. A couple of weeks ago, I was going W2W behind a 18 foot Carolina Skiff (obviously with no ballast or tower). Now I can only get a couple of feet of air, but I can make it!