Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: autoflow

Default autoflow

I have a few more beginner questions. We have the auto flow surf edition on our 2015 mondo, ours was set for 60/50% starboard/port and a lot of people are increasing the port side % (70-100%)for goofy surfing. What dose increasing/decreasing the auto flow do to the wave, same with the middle wakeplate as a lot of people have this all the way up. My goofy wave is better (let out 50% of port ballast)as long as i am in the boat for the weight, but when I surf and my wife drives my wave is steep but not much of a pocket and no length and i can't let go of the rope as i am so close to the boat. (surf side full port 50% wake plate 50% auto flow 70% speed 10.3mph) any suggestions? you are all a great help trying to dial in this wave

thanks
    kevin

Run less weight port side. Are you running any weight up front? I run 100% port on the autoflow, i havent messed with other settings, so not sure how less would effect it. Running the wakeplate up will shorten, but steepen the wave giving more push, but in a shorter area.

i upgraded my bags, but i run goofy side full, it is an 1100, port side 20-25%, again 1100 pound bag, front 75%, or about 750 pounds. I run this for all riders, but for me 6' 6" and 275 lbs i run the wakeplate up and 10 mph. For the lighter riders, i run wakeplate in the middle and anywhere from 10.5 to 11 mph to lengthen the pocket.

Depending on your weight and board you will feel push from the wave, much different than someone else. A more bouyant board like a IS blue lake or red woody is going to push better than a squirt or fish with the same wave. Dont skimp on the board, it can make a wave that seems to have no or little push with one board, absolutely rocking with another board.
    2015 Mondo
    2008 21V sold
    2007 outback sold
    2013 Ram Megacab Cummins-Tow rig

IBS and hard tank both full i have the stock 650lb bags in the back run the starboard side full and port 50% i tried the port auto flow at 70% what does increasing it to 100% do? were new to surfing and have a hyperlite broadcast board works great for my kids that surf regular they are ropeless after 4 runs, and my nephew who surfs goofy and is quite good dropped the rope right away and though the wave was way better then there old nautique i just can't dial it for myself when I'm out of the boat

Since your a beginner, set it up for your wave, no weight on the port, full starboard and run a little less up front. You may wan to look to upgrade to a 900 on that side as well. I have been surfing since 2007 and i can say weight and a bouyant board are your friends. Run the plate at 100%, if you dont like it change it back. Most new riders don't toe the board into the wave, you need to first master getting into the wave and then front foot/back foot pressure to speed ip and slow down. Grab a video, that will help everyone take a look at several factors to help out.
    2015 Mondo
    2008 21V sold
    2007 outback sold
    2013 Ram Megacab Cummins-Tow rig

Can someone explain to me what increasing the autoflow setting from the factory setting of 60% on the port side to say 70% or up to 100% does for the wave?
    2015 Mondo Surf Edition

I would start out with no ballast, surf speed and start messing with the auto flow controls to see how the deployment affects the wave, then start adding ballast and adjust the controls again to see how the wave is affected.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by callynoah View Post
    Can someone explain to me what increasing the autoflow setting from the factory setting of 60% on the port side to say 70% or up to 100% does for the wave?
    I have been wondering this myself. I can not find any documentation or instructions on the auto flow. I will agree that it is nice to switch from side to side so quickly, but what are the setting for??? Someone had to do some design and testing.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

For regular I run auto flow at 85%, 1100 lb port 100%, 1100 lb bow 80%, and starboard 60%. Half or none wake plate. At 10.5 mph. Regardless of number of people on the boat, we always have a great wave.
    2015 Moomba Mojo
    Black Flake/Intense Green
    Custom Sea-Dek Teak Floor
    Shaved, 5% Tint, SeaBlazeX & Spectrum
    1100lb Rears Upgrade, 2016 Flow Surf System
    WS-420SQ, WS-Rev10s, JL 2x12w6, 6xMX650s, 2xM600/1, M600/6, M400/4
    LED's in all the right places

2001 Supra 22SSV SOLD
    1991 Malibu Sunsetter SOLD

Default autoflow

This is where I think the confusion sets in for me. It seems like you would set the starboard to affect the port side wave and port to affect the right side goofy Wave. I wish someone from the factory would weigh in on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

yes all I am trying to figure out is what does adjusting the autoflow do to the surf wave. the factory has it set at 50%/60% for my mondo but others have increased it to 70, 85,100% what are these adjustments doing?
    2015 Mondo Surf Edition