Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default when do you get back on the water?

It was unseasonably warm here inminnesota the other week it hit 37 degrees. and it got me thinking about spring. Last year i bought a moomba outback and got in the water in early may, I put 80 hours the boat and loved every minute of it. Just wondering when you put the boat in and get the season started. (those of us who have to wait out winter)

Default Replying to Topic 'when do you get back on the water?'

Here in Oklahoma it usually starts mid April. However this year we have been out twice putting break in hours on the new engine with temps in the 70's. Our normal high temps are around 45 or so.

However there will not be a whole lot of boating if we don't get a lot of rain in our lake. Most are down anywhere from 5 1/2 to 16 feet below normal.

Doug, t-town

Here in Bismarck North Dakota, we have a lake that's heated by a power plant, about 40 miles away. The last 3 years I have been there in Late March, there are usually a couple days at the end of the month when the temps get warm enough. The water is usually as warm then, as the rivers or lakes here, get in August. Its also low this year. If that lake is not an option, I will not bring the boat out until the end of April, or May, and even then, I would not go in without a dry suit.

We expect ice-out second week in April in western Wisconsin. Docks usually go out second or third week in April. Skiing possibly as early as last few days in April. Just got a hood to go with wet suit so ears should be OK. Just have to make sure that there is no danger of hard frost.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Here in Richmond Va we usually start in mid March and go thru the first of Nov.

Pete

I was out checking the boat ramps this weekend. 40 degrees and a very nice day REALLY had me thinking, drysuit and all.

Bismarck, ND
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

I took the boat out in mid- March last year and got in the water without a wetsuit (blue lips and all) towards the end of the month. I'm hoping to do the same this year. My family has one rule however: the air temperature must be at least 70 degrees or we will not go.

........in Alabama. Forgot to post that.

Ok,

I've officially been on this board too often...

I walked out this morning to unseasonably warm weather even for us in Central Florida - 76 degrees, and actually thought to myself... Hmmm.. wonder if Ed G is going wake surfing today.

I pick my new 06 Outback LSV up on Sat, and I'm going straight to the lake. No skiing the first day, but I'm sure I will take a few laps around the boat during break-in period rests.

-Joe

p.s. it's midnight and it is 71 here. Even for a Florida boy, that is warm for the middle of Jan.

We usually drop ours in around march or April. It really depends on how all of the spring maintanence goes on the lake house, boat and dock. You gotta work before you can play!!!

pullmyfingers - where are you localted in AL. I am always on Lay Lake.