Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default LEDs at night on Texas lakes

I got stopped by Game Warden on the 4th for a safety check. When I showed him everything and was cut free I asked about LEDs and he said as long as they are all IN the boat below the rub rail while moving its fine.

Edit: I was heading back to the boat ramp at about 15mph (1hr after sunset) with all my in boat Blue LEDs on and he never mentioned anything until I brought it up.

I don't have transom/underwater lights so I didn't even think to ask, but I did ask about speaker rings on the tower and he said they can not be on while moving.
    Last edited by tgoody14; 07-11-2013 at 05:48 AM.
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

I have a friend with LEDs in his blower vents and he was pulled over for it. Last weekend we were at possum kingdom to watch fireworks, well a girl went missing and drowned in the cove at hells gate 20 minutes before fireworks were supposed to start. Well they cancelled fireworks and cleared everybody out of the cove to get the divers in the water. It was a mad house after that, hundreds of boats zipping around, we were just displaying the nav and white light but after a few boats getting too close I popped on the transom and docking lights, both of which still allow the nav light to be easily seen. My thought was ever law boat on the lake is in that cove and there's quite a few ppl driving earlier than they expected to, so might as well be well lit up and easily seen.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Police never bothered me with my old LEDs setup even with the strobing LEDs.. But if you're acting like a yahoo they'll use any excuse to come aboard...
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead