Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Please help! How do you tell if the boat is an outback lsv or möbius lsv?!

I purchased a 2006 Moomba boat that was advertised as a Möbius LSV. On our first trip to the lake we noticed the coast guard sticker in the boat said 10 seating capacity and the type of boat as an Outback V. We measured the boat and it is 21'6"...the Outback V is listed on the manufactures specs at 20'8" Does anyone have any insight into this situation?!

Default Re: Please help! How do you tell if the boat is an outback lsv or möbius lsv?!

I think the first 3 or 4 digits of your hull id shed light on this but I dont remember the nomenclature. Email skiers choice will be the best bet.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

is your tower 2 3/8" or like 1 5"8 inch? the bigger tower will be the LSV
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Got any pics , we can tell you, the freeboard on a 2006 obv is much lower.

Seat height would be about 5 to 6 inches off the floor on an 06 obv , the Lsv should be 8 to 10 inches
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default Please help! How do you tell if the boat is an outback lsv or möbius lsv?!

2006 was probably one of the most confusing years for the Moomba lineup as the 2005 LSV hull became the Outback V and there were different packages such as Möbius that were added to designate the wakeboard boats.

Where are you taking your measurements? You should be going bow to stern, not including the swim platform. If so, you have the right length for a Möbius LSV at 21'6" but I'm struggling with the thought the factory put the wrong I.D. plate on the boat. But, in 2006, they were cranking them out!

You can check some numbers against the stat sheets here:
    http://www.moomba.com/downloads/owne.../moomba_06.pdf

If that doesn't clear it up, email your hull number to customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Min23 View Post
    I purchased a 2006 Moomba boat that was advertised as a Möbius LSV. On our first trip to the lake we noticed the coast guard sticker in the boat said 10 seating capacity and the type of boat as an Outback V. We measured the boat and it is 21'6"...the Outback V is listed on the manufactures specs at 20'8" Does anyone have any insight into this situation?!
    The tower on the Outback V is attached to the boat in 6 places whereas on the LSV, it is attached in 4 places. Also, see pg 20 and 21 on the link below:

http://www.moomba.com/downloads/owne.../moomba_06.pdf

Finally, look at the pic below of my 2006 Mobius LSV. If your tower looks like that, then it's an LSV.

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

in 06 there was a Outback LSV, looks just like Al's boat pictured above, minus the tower and 3 bag ballast system and wakeplate
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Wolfeman is right about 2006. They also had an Outback LSV that year, that as far as I can tell is exactly like a Mobius LSV.

However, I have seen some ID plate discrepancies. My boat is the perfect example. My boat is clearly an Outback (8 ppl., 1155# capacity), however, the ID plate reads Outback LS (10ppl., 1350# capacity). I don't know why it is like this, but I would never try to pass it off as an LS.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoomba View Post
    Wolfeman is right about 2006. They also had an Outback LSV that year, that as far as I can tell is exactly like a Mobius LSV.

However, I have seen some ID plate discrepancies. My boat is the perfect example. My boat is clearly an Outback (8 ppl., 1155# capacity), however, the ID plate reads Outback LS (10ppl., 1350# capacity). I don't know why it is like this, but I would never try to pass it off as an LS.

Friday build and finish.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Thank you all of your help! I did check the measurements and called Moomba directly with the hull ID number. The boat did turn out to be Moomba Outback LSV with our option package. The Coast Guard sticker was an error made in the factory. It does seem like it is the most confusing year in Moomba boats, but we are super excited about our new boat! Thanks again!