Default Ballast pump problem

So today was our first day out this year. Every thing went fine until we attempted to fill out center tank ballast. Hit switch and nothing happened. Didn't hear the pump cycle or anything. Tried to reverse pump and nothing. Timer on the Moomba digital cruise cycled up to 100% like normal. I flipped the ballast fuse on and off still nothing. I went ahead and filled the IBS manually and we still had a great day of surfing!

I keep fiddling with the pump switch but it never cycled. So when we pulled the boat out I flipped the switch on the trailer and I hear the pump spin up. Did I have some type of air lock or what.

Even if it was air lock would I not hear the pump spin up? Any ideas? I will check the connections at the pump tomorrow but aside from that does anyone have any ideas.

I did have a small amount of trouble with the right pump. It also didn't sound like it was cycling and when it did it sounded weak but then took of without any further issue.

Any input is appreciated.
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

Had same issue myself today. Hit switch to fill, thought pump was running, saw gauge at 100% so shut it off and got surfer in he water. Took off and no wave! Wonder what's up, lift sun pad at find empty bags. Had to reprogram the timer to 30 min, cycle switch a few time until pump kicked on.

Had the same thing last Saturday, hit drain, dash went to 0% but was still leaning, open rear door and the bag was full. Had to make it drain all over.

Same thing happened when filling it later in the day as well.

I think sometimes the pump isnt coming on with the switch says which i think has something to do with the timer system since its what is auto shutting the pumps off.

Have i said lately i HATE THE TIMERS lol
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

i guess its still a good thing that i do it all manually haha
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

I had a failure for the first time with my under seat bag with the old sprinkler valve. Had to turn it to "on" to get it to fill. Time to swap it out. I have two spares for this one. It always worked great but I have replaced every one of the other valves. Dang it!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

It must be some weird planetary alignment thing affecting the pumps, because I had a similar weird issue on Saturday. Go figure.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

my weird issue was yesterday. hit the left fill switch and heard the pump going but bag didn't fill. toggled switch few times but still no water flow. I turned off the switch and started driving the boat with the bow in the air and flipped switch again. got water flowing this time to both left bag and center. little prime job maybe by putting the boat in motion?

Sent from this thing called tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

I think that helped on mine too Jason.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron